I need some hair help

I am new to Daz3d. I looked at the online instructions and did get to do a face transform. It was quite an event. The problem i am having is Hair placement. How do you get the hair on the bald head? I can place the hair on the screen but it is way above the head. I tred several times and for some reason the hair is not on the head. Am I missing a click or not sure what i am doing wrong. Any video or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim Y.

Comments

• Is it hair made for the figure your are using? Is the figure (or one of its bones) selected when you load the hair?

• Richard Haseltine said:

Is it hair made for the figure your are using? Is the figure (or one of its bones) selected when you load the hair?

Well i get the figure loaded. I see the head. Then I look to the left under all files. I see the word Hair. I click on that and i see a drop down Short. I click there i see a thumbnail with a man in short hair.  When i double click the hair is posted in the center screen above the head. It did the same thing with long hair but for some reason now i can't find the long hair....Ok this is strange now it worked. But i would like long hair and can't find the long hair now. I was using all just the preloaded items. I think it is working ok. just now the long hair stuff is missing. 

Tim Y

• felisfelis Posts: 4,212

Which character generation are you using, e.g. Genesis 9.

And do you know if you have any long hair for that character generation?

• Where aer you looking - Smart Content? If so having the Filter by Context box at bottom-left of the pane checked (which is the default, as i recall) will show only items compatible with the current selections (nothing, an item, an item and one or more of its surfaces etc.) If you had nothing selected then most files that load an item will appear, but items that shoudl aprent/fit to a target will end up free-floating; if you have a figure selected then items compatible with that figure will show (so the long hair is probably for another figure) and when loaded they should fit/parent to the selected figure (so the hair is on the head).

If you uneck Filter By Selection you will probably see the long hair, but when you load it, if it isa  figure hair, you will get the AutoFit dialogue asking which figure it was made for and then it will be converted - but long hair tends not to convert gracefully. You may be better off loading the hair free-floating (with nothing selected) then use the posing tool to line it up with the head, which is easier if the figure is standing upright, before parenting it to the head (right-click>Change ... Parent, select the wearer's head, and make sure parent In Place is checked so it doesn't move).

• felis said:

Which character generation are you using, e.g. Genesis 9.

And do you know if you have any long hair for that character generation?

Genesis 9 is what i selected. Not sure what the difference is between the two. Is one better than the other?

• neomanneoman Posts: 56

Hey!  There are some big differences between Genesis 8 and Genesis 9.  I don't know if one is better than the other, Daz will tell you G9 is better, but there are more products out there right now for G8...  I really love G8, but G9 is growing on me as it catches up with products.  Check out this video to see some differences.  This guy makes some really good tutorials for Daz beginners!!!

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,418

Add the hair while selecting your figure in the Scene tab.  If you had 20 characters in your scene, daz needs to know what character to add the hair to...