Adding My Old DS Formats Content Library Back into DAZ Studio 4.10

Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433

I'm having a problem with getting my old DS Formats Content Library back into DAZ Studio. I recently renamed my 3rd Party Poser Formats library to My Library 2, and it seems that my old 3rd Party DAZ Studio Formats library got renamed the same as well. I still have it on my harddrive, but only the Poser part is showing in DAZ Studio. The DAZ Studio part still exists, and contains all of the Characters, Props, Morphs, Scenes, and Scene Subsets I have made for DAZ Studio. I thought there would be an Add New Directory feature in the Content Library pane, but there isn't one. I do have a DS Formats Library showing there, under the name My Library, but it only has 3 main folders; data, Scenes, and Scene Subsets. My custom made characters, and many other folders are missing from that one.

The reason I renamed my Poser Formats Library was so that it would not clash with the one of the same name I have in Poser 11 Pro. I wanted to use the same  Runtime directory for both applications, and that part is working perfectly. As certain Poser products seem not to work in DAZ Studio, namely the Terradome 1 and 2 products I have, I created a special Runtime directory for those products alone, and they are working in Poser 11 Pro. That one is not showing in DAZ Studio, which is what I intended.

Still, the fact remains that I need the DAZ Studio Formats part of My Library 2 to show in the Content Library pane of DAZ Studio. I don't know where to look so I can add it back into DAZ Studio 4.10 Pro. Please help.

Post edited by Mage 13X13 on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583

First off, if you see the folder Data under DS Formats, your content directories are arranged incorrectly.  The Runtime and Data folders shouldn't appear directly.  The folder to specify as a content folder is always one level above Data and Runtime.

To add content folders, in the Content Library options menu (the icon with an arrow pointing to a series of horizontal lines in the upper right corner), choose "Content Directory Manager".  Under Current Directories, click on "Daz Studio Formats" to add a DS content folder or "Poser Formats" to add a Poser content folder.

• The libraries are just folders, so if you reneame one you need to tell DS - if you right-click on Daz Studio Formats you will see an Add Base Directory command, select the new location there, then to remove the old entry right-click on the location that no longer matches a folder on disc and select Remove Base Directory. You can also use the Content Directory Manager - which includes an edit option - avaialble from the Content Library option menu or from Edit>Preferences>Content tab.

You have another issue, however - if you can see the Data and Runtime folders then you have a content directory nested inside another content directory, which will cause problems in the future..