Question about Daz Studio 4.22 install

Hello,

I have downloaded and installed Daz Studio 4.22 using DIM and DIM says it is installed, but when I open Daz Studio, it says that it is version 4.21. Does anyone know what is going on? Is there some way to manually download and install version 4.22 since the only way that I've found to install it is through DIM?

Thanks for any replies.

nabob21

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited February 10

If you check DIM's Helper Log (settings gear in upper right corned, last item), it will probably say that the files couldn't be extracted.  There are two possible reasons for this:

1) 4.21 was still shutting down in the background when you tried to install 4.22,or

2) an overzealous security program decided it was suspicious and blocked it.

In case 1), check Task Manager to make sure dazstudio.exe isn't running, then uninstall and reinstall again.

In case 2), we'll need to identify what security program (or OS protection feature) is blocking the file.

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • Also, are they the same release channel - both General Release, or both Public Build (Beta)?

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 967

Fixmypcmike, thank you for the advice, I will give them a try.

Richard, how do I determine if they are both the same release channel? And how do I specify whether I want a general or beta release when I download Daz Studio using DIM?

• If it isn't the General Release it will tell you which it is in the title bar or the Help>About Daz Studio dialogue.