Zipper Help G9 - X-Fashion Slim Fit Jacket

On a Gen 9 character I'm having trouble with the zipper for the X-Fashion Slim Fit Jacket for Gen 8.

With the jacket closed, it should be straight, but at the mid point it is distorting. See picture (this is on a base Gen 9 character in Base Feminine).

I'm having this issue both with autofit to Gen 9 and converting the jacket to Gen 9.

I've tried various morphs and smoothing to correct the issue, but this has just made it worse.

Any ideas on how to get the zipper to conform properly, or is this just a lost cause using it on Gen 9?

Zipper.PNG
2054 x 1062 - 1M

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,357

The weight on G9's Spine 4 is different from G8's Chest Lower, so auto-fit or whatever converter will bring your "distortion" as long as G9's Clone is used. Even if you go for tweaking weight, it won't work. There's no better way other than fixing it with external application...

If you know a sculpting software like Blender / ZB, it'll be pretty easy to fix it.  Export Jacket to OBJ file with Base Resolution and fix the distorted area in Blender with Smooth Brush, then import OBJ back to Jacket as a fix morph...

SNAG-2024-2-9-0047.png
    2149 x 1400 - 809K
    SNAG-2024-2-9-0048.png
    2031 x 1400 - 1M
  • FablerFabler Posts: 19

crosswind said:

The weight on G9's Spine 4 is different from G8's Chest Lower, so auto-fit or whatever converter will bring your "distortion" as long as G9's Clone is used. Even if you go for tweaking weight, it won't work. There's no better way other than fixing it with external application...

If you know a sculpting software like Blender / ZB, it'll be pretty easy to fix it.  Export Jacket to OBJ file with Base Resolution and fix the distorted area in Blender with Smooth Brush, then import OBJ back to Jacket as a fix morph...

Thanks for the info about the G9 Spine, that explains why other jackets with the zipper in the closed position were also distorting.

I have not used Blender / ZB. Can you give pointers on how to fix the distorted area in Blender with Smooth Brush?

Or do you know of a video or tutorial on how to do that?

Fabler said:

crosswind said:

Thanks for the info about the G9 Spine, that explains why other jackets with the zipper in the closed position were also distorting.

I have not used Blender / ZB. Can you give pointers on how to fix the distorted area in Blender with Smooth Brush?

Or do you know of a video or tutorial on how to do that?

I ever learnt it from Sickleyield's tutorial in here - https://youtu.be/wHfe6t2J4EY?si=F2dEkr6kzrQGeacJ

You just fix the Jacket with figure's A Pose, and fix the Base instead...

I ever learnt it from Sickleyield's tutorial in here - https://youtu.be/wHfe6t2J4EY?si=F2dEkr6kzrQGeacJ

Thanks for the link to the tutorial - it's super helpful!

Also, do you think that Mesh Grabber could be used or is it better to just use Blender? 

Fabler said:

Also, do you think that Mesh Grabber could be used or is it better to just use Blender? 

Oh...no. Mesh Grabber cannot resolve such an issue of "distorted mesh", it has no function of smoothing or relaxing mesh. You have to fix it with Blender, free and fast. yes

crosswind said:

Fabler said:

Oh...no. Mesh Grabber cannot resolve such an issue of "distorted mesh", it has no function of smoothing or relaxing mesh. You have to fix it with Blender, free and fast. yes

Good to know - thanks!