Converting Genesis 9 or Genesis 2 Individual body part specific Morphs to Genesis 8

Is this possible? If so, how can this be done? 

In particular, I'm wanting to have some sort of gum morphs (e.g. thickness, height) created for Genesis 8 figures which only seems to be in this Daz3D.com product for Genesis 9 figures and this earlier Genesis 2 product as i'm finding too often, gums bleed into the teeth for Genesis 8 figures when custom morphs and open smile expressions are applied.

Post edited by Another3Drenderer on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,308

As for the case of G9 > G8, not possible ... Gummy morphs in 200 Plus G9 are actually on the attachment of Genesis 9 Mouth rather than G9 itself. There's no separate mouth cavity on G8, you have no way to make conversions.... Well, technically I can use G8's mouth geometry to wrap G9's mouth in FaceForm Wrap, however, the polycounts of G9's Mouth is 5K (G8's is 1.8K), the wrapping result will be not good.

As for the case of G2 > G8, if you own that Dental product, you may try converting with Clones... but TBH, I don't think it's really achievable with good result, especially to convert partial head morphs.

• crosswind said:

As for the case of G9 > G8, not possible ... Gummy morphs in 200 Plus G9 are actually on the attachment of Genesis 9 Mouth rather than G9 itself. There's no separate mouth cavity on G8, you have no way to make conversions.... Well, technically I can use G8's mouth geometry to wrap G9's mouth in FaceForm Wrap, however, the polycounts of G9's Mouth is 5K (G8's is 1.8K), the wrapping result will be not good.

As for the case of G2 > G8, if you own that Dental product, you may try converting with Clones... but TBH, I don't think it's really achievable with good result, especially to convert partial head morphs.

Is there a guide somewhere for this? Wouldn't mind trying to see if it helps at all.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,308

Another3Drenderer said:

crosswind said:

Is there a guide somewhere for this? Wouldn't mind trying to see if it helps at all.

Almost the same way in Jay's tutorial - https://youtu.be/jROlY34tNNU?si=dTVK2srlskJ_sgky