Package files and saving precious space

wscottartwscottart Posts: 442

This may have been addressed once upon a time, but forgive my limited human mind.

Is there an easy way to delete all the package files from within the Dimm after you've downloaded and installed everything? I shoulda checked that delete package files long ago.

I have traditionally kept these and now looking back have realized that things can be accessed when needed quite easily from the store, so I really dont need to keep all the irrelevant package files. May keep some of the most important one though.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,277
    edited February 7

If you don't have any plan of backing them up, just go to DIM - Installed tab, ticking the checkbox at root level to Select All, right click on the line item of Products, Delete Package(s)...

However if you still want to keep some packages, manually back them up from package rrchive folder beforehand. If you use Filtering / invert selection ,etc. that'll be pretty cumbersome IMHO...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited February 7

Moved to Technical Help as it is not a Daz Studio appication topic.

There is a checkbox at the bottom of the Ready To Install tab that controls the deletion of packages after installation.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • wscottartwscottart Posts: 442

crosswind said:

If you don't have any plan of backing them up, just go to DIM - Installed tab, ticking the checkbox at root level to Select All, right click on the line item of Products, Delete Package(s)...

However if you still want to keep some packages, manually back them up from package rrchive folder beforehand. If you use Filtering / invert selection ,etc. that'll be pretty cumbersome IMHO...

That took care of it , thank you