Problem using LIEs from the shop

delobrowndelobrown Posts: 0

Purchased tattoo, dirt, and freckles presets, (all separate items) and none of them will work. I double click, nothing happens. they show in my surfaces tab, but only when nothing is selected. When I select the skin, the presets dissappear. I'm sure it's me since none of them will work but what in gods name could I be doing wrong? Every tutorial and it takes 2 seconds. I've been going all day and still can't figure it out. Also, since I'm at it, the face control rig doesn't work nor does my character exit the A pose while posing. Her head moves nothing else. Nothing's pinned. doesn't make any sense. Node box is checked. Any help would be great. thank you!

[Thread title edited]

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,915

What do you mean "when I select the skin, the presets disappear"? You should still mostly see the base skin textures, and if you don't see the LIE effects applied (and something like freckles would be very hard to see from the tiny thumbnail), click on the thumbnail and select "Layered Image Editor".

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,069

are you using everything on the correct figures?

hard to troubleshoot without context we need product links and what you are using them on

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,308

First time to see LIEs turn into lies, interesting... lol ~~ And better post some screenshots...

• reelyorreelyor Posts: 235

Did you try rendering the image after application? Sometimes the LIE dont show until they're rendered.

• If they are generic, rather than for a specific figure, you may need to have both one or more objects and one or more surfaces on the object(s) selected - use the Surface Selection tool, or use the list in the Editor tab of the Surfaces pane.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,075

Some products are set up to apply the LIEs to a geoshell wearable. Some are set up to apply it directly to the characters. So knowing the name of the products in question will help know what the issue is.