Desperately need photoshop bridge help

One year ago, my photoshop bridge just stopped working. I keep getting the message "Unable to UpdateScene from Daz Studio" when I hit "preview" on the photoshop bridge link. I have asked and asked Daz for help but they just ignore me. I am using the most up-to-date version of Daz and Photoshop Bridge. It just stopped working after years of wonderfully transferring the work to photoshop.Does anyone know anything about this? It has ruined my business.

JUMBO _055.jpg
1250 x 890 - 66K

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,008

I probably can't help, but it might be useful to list specifically what version of Daz Studio and Photoshop you are using. Saying "latest" is a little ambiguous, because there is a release version and a later beta version of Daz Studio. As time goes on, the meaning of "latest" becomes even less helpful to people reading this thread. In Daz Studio. go to the Help menu and look at the version number reported in About Daz Studio to get the full version number. Are you using Photoshop CC or an older version like CS6? It will probably help to give the exact version number of your Photoshop. Hopefully that info will help another Photoshop bridge user help you.

• Barbult, thank you for the comment. This problem has plagued me since May of last year, when I was using the most up-to-date version of Daz. Currently, I am using Daz 4.22.158 Public Build and I have Photoshop versions CS5, CS6, CC and Photoshop 2024 installed. The transfer no longer works on any of them. Additionally, I totally backed up my computer a few months ago, re-installed Windows 11 and Daz and Photoshop and STILL I get this message.

The photoshop bridge worked perfectly for YEARS, delivering crystal-sharp renders into my computer (A Dell 8470 with 64Gigs of RAM) and suddenly, when I went to transfer/port a small object to Photoshop CC,it failed, gave that message and has never worked since. It's as if someone flipped a switch and killed its ability.

• vectorinusvectorinus Posts: 120

What is written in the "Help -> About installed plugins" menu next to dz3dbridge.dll? Loaded or Failed? There is a specific photoshop bridge for each version of daz studio.
    Maybe you need to download the latest plugin from there? https://www.daz3d.com/3d-bridge-for-photoshop

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    You can try calling Adobe technical support. You may need to create an account with them. Had a problem a few years ago, they connected remotely and fixed the problem.
  • Vectorinus, I have the most up-to-date bridge and it is loaded properly, saccording to Help - Loaded plugins.

mwokee I have tried to get help from DA and Photoshop. They never reply.

Chris, in one of your posts you said: "When I finish a render inside DAZ and save it, the results are NOWHERE near as good as the basic output of the DAZ Photoshop Bridge which looks SO sharp and SO clear, I am stunned by the results."
    This is not difficult to do inside Photoshop. Use the Levels tool to increase contrast. Then add some saturation in the Hue/Saturation tool. Or using the Shadows/Highlights tool (which is actually a combination of the two mentioned above). All these tools are in the menu: Image -> Adjustment... Most likely, Photoshop Bridge improves the image in approximately the same way when transferred from DAZ to Photoshop. Essentially, it first increases the contrast and then adds some saturation to the image. Don't be discouraged if you have to do this manually. Over time, you will forget the Photoshop bridge.

• I will try your ideas in the morning. Meanwhile, this is a sample of a render sent to Photoshop.

JULY_12_23 PAGE 21.jpg
    3002 x 4674 - 7M
    edited February 9

Nice render. You have good artistic taste and a sense of composition. Very pleasant and expressive faces. The relative position of the figures and their poses... I feel like I've already read several pages from your visual book.  Really nice! You should definitely get more into Photoshop. Many people believe that in order to use this program they will have to study all its enormous capabilities (and waste a huge amount of time). It's not like that at all. If you need a few of the tools of this program, then you can study only these tools and use only them. To quickly master the technique you need, you can use the website of the creators of Photoshop: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/levels-adjustment.html I would just like to note that your render is saved in JPG format. And that's not very good. JPG loses true information about the color of each pixel. Although it is almost invisible in your render. But in addition, Daz Studio saves the image in JPG format on a black background. And this color will distort the image histogram, which will have a negative effect when working in the Levels tool. But when saved in PNG format, the image has a white background when viewed, and in Photoshop it even has a transparent background, which is very favorable in all respects. In this case, you can even easily insert a new background instead of a transparent one. And also, images with a transparent background can be combined with each other into one composition and much more. Well, if you need the final output in JPG format, then you can entrust it to Photoshop. When saving, it will offer you several levels of file compression on which the file size will depend (with some loss of image quality).

Post edited by vectorinus on
  • Victorious, Thank you for the lovely compliments and all of your input and advice. I have been a faithful Photoshop user since version 1 which my mother purchased for me based on advice from a guy at radio shack oh so many decades ago. I use Photoshop constantly in my work as a producer and consultant in the film industry. One of the things that I loved about the Photoshop bridge was that it allowed me to render directly from Daz 3D bypassing the render in the program and having the finished work go straight into Photoshop. The Daz 3D Photoshop bridge provides or should I say provided in my case, a crystal clear image on a transparent background if I was just shooting a character or the total render complete with all shadow work and lighting if I was doing a full scene. I posted the illustration as a JPEG in order to reduce the size. I do most of my work at 600 DPI and the files can be quite massive. I'm going to try the suggestions that you had in that I will render the work I do in Daz first and take it over manually to Photoshop as a PNG and see if I can make adjustments. I should point out that the render that I posted was exactly what came out of Das 3D into Photoshop without any post-work save hand painting extra shadows. That's the quality that you get using a Photoshop bridge. When it's working.
  • lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,418

chris_340dad5b said:

Victorious, Thank you for the lovely compliments and all of your input and advice. I have been a faithful Photoshop user since version 1 which my mother purchased for me based on advice from a guy at radio shack oh so many decades ago. I use Photoshop constantly in my work as a producer and consultant in the film industry. One of the things that I loved about the Photoshop bridge was that it allowed me to render directly from Daz 3D bypassing the render in the program and having the finished work go straight into Photoshop. The Daz 3D Photoshop bridge provides or should I say provided in my case, a crystal clear image on a transparent background if I was just shooting a character or the total render complete with all shadow work and lighting if I was doing a full scene. I posted the illustration as a JPEG in order to reduce the size. I do most of my work at 600 DPI and the files can be quite massive. I'm going to try the suggestions that you had in that I will render the work I do in Daz first and take it over manually to Photoshop as a PNG and see if I can make adjustments.

PNG?

I thought the whole point was you were fixated on quality. wouldnt you use EXR?

I should point out that the render that I posted was exactly what came out of Das 3D into Photoshop without any post-work save hand painting extra shadows. That's the quality that you get using a Photoshop bridge. When it's working.

The only way im buying this is with a side by side comparison.

• Attached are JPGS of the PSDs that came straight out of DAZ via photoshop bridge. They are so large they will not upload here. The first is the finished result with minimal photoshop touch up and a few painted on shadows. The other two are the raw output of the bridge, except for this forum, they will only accept jpgs or pngs. The shoots come out with the white background transparent.

3 FINISHED RESULT.jpg
    3204 x 2274 - 7M
    1 STRAIGHT OUT OF DAZ.jpg
    1800 x 1800 - 4M
    2 SECOND IMAGE.jpg
    1800 x 1556 - 1M