Backdrop scaling

I was wondering if there was a way to stop a static backdrop from scaling when the viewport aspect ratio changes? I have some pictures that i want to use as a backdrop in the "Enviroment" tab. But when you change the aspect ratio it deforms the image. Is there a setting i am missing so that this image stays the set size and not deform? Is there another way i should be putting it into the frame?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,793

The function of "backdrop" in Environment is pretty limited. Suggest you use a Primitive - Plane and assign the picture to Base Color slot of its surface. Well set the shader properties and manipulate the Plane in Viewport as needed.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045

You have to set the image to the aspect ratio you want before loading it. If the image is 4x3 and you want 16x9 then resize the image

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206
    edited February 5

I don't know how important this is, but a background plane — most often they are shaped like a "no seam" roll of paper hanging down from the ceiling in a photographer's studio say — can take a shadow caused by lights that are in front of, or to the side of, your object.

Any background image or solid color in the top level "Environment" pane will work differently.

Most of the time I like a transparent b.g. behind my object(s) that are being rendered. That way I can load a background image and my rendered image together and from there move the composition around a bit just to see what happens.

Post edited by Roman_K2 on