Props not loading zeroed out?

I'm working on a new pack and was loading up some old props of mine and am realizing some of the subsets are not loading properly at all anymore. Is there any reason these would break without them being modified/overridden?

For example, my MHE Pack 01 has a preset to load all the props arranged as a reading corner, which worked fine when I submitted the product, but when I am loading it now (both the disk/custom directory version from when I worked on it, and the freshly downloaded version from the DAZ Store) the props are loading with everything scattered and additional offsets on every prop, including the main parent, leading to an exploded look.

I have this happening with a prop subset I saved yesterday that I reloaded to use several times which worked fine yesterday, but doesn't anymore; same explosion happening. Does anyone have a quick explanation for why this is happening or what I can do to prevent it? I'm afraid of fixing the offset issues, saving the subset again and having it happen in the future and wish to prevent such issues.

Comments

• Is Parent In Place on or off? Does changing it help?

• LantiosLantios Posts: 84

Richard Haseltine said:

Is Parent In Place on or off? Does changing it help?

Turning it on/off doesn't seem to affect loading the subset at all.

Just to show you what it looks like visually too, this used to load with the pot in the center and the various stems inside it, now the pot loads to the side with the plants askew.

bad_load_plantpota.png
    847 x 643 - 165K
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,381
    edited January 31

Because the subsets were saved with wrong coord values... (maybe Parent In-Place used to be turned off before you manipulated the coord value of objects or there was some wrong operation...)

Now you just open the subset DUF file with Notepad++ (uncompress it with Batch Convert first...), go to the bottom of the file, delete the whole coding section of  "animations" : [....] as well as the comma character before the section (or, you just keep the coord values of the root node there in the section and delete the rest...).  Save the DUF file and reload the Subset, you'll get them all in right place.

Then try resaving them as a Subset... dbl-check the coding setion of animations to make sure it's correctly saved...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • It's a store product that went through QA so it shouldn't simply be wrong. I don't have thats et to test, or set 2, but I do have the food-related sets - are they affected too?

Unfortunately they're all wrong....but passed QA...

crosswind said:

See that doesn't make any sense since I used specifically the plant from the screenshot above the night before and it was loading correctly. If this is the case I'll update all the sets, but these weren't broken or they wouldn't have passed QA
    crosswind said:

Because the subsets were saved with wrong coord values... (maybe Parent In-Place used to be turned off before you manipulated the coord value of objects or there was some wrong operation...)

Now you just open the subset DUF file with Notepad++ (uncompress it with Batch Convert first...), go to the bottom of the file, delete the whole coding section of  "animations" : [....] as well as the comma character before the section (or, you just keep the coord values of the root node there in the section and delete the rest...).  Save the DUF file and reload the Subset, you'll get them all in right place.

Then try resaving them as a Subset... dbl-check the coding setion of animations to make sure it's correctly saved...

I'll try what you said here later today. Honestly I didn't even know the "parent in-place" feature existed until Richard mentioned it (I had to Google where to find it) so it definitely isn't a case of it being changed midway. I've also saved my subsets the same way for every set I've been making for over a year without issue, which is why I was surprised to see the problem. Could any other setting in DS have been changed by accident (like using a shortcut to enable/disable a feature) that could cause this to also do it?

Lantios said:

crosswind said:

See that doesn't make any sense since I used specifically the plant from the screenshot above the night before and it was loading correctly. If this is the case I'll update all the sets, but these weren't broken or they wouldn't have passed QA

Yes, pls ~ The subset are not broken but just with wrong axis values. I don't know how Daz QA assures quality but we've seen quite a lot of similar cases... 

edited February 1

Lantios said:

crosswind said:

I'll try what you said here later today. Honestly I didn't even know the "parent in-place" feature existed until Richard mentioned it (I had to Google where to find it) so it definitely isn't a case of it being changed midway. I've also saved my subsets the same way for every set I've been making for over a year without issue, which is why I was surprised to see the problem. Could any other setting in DS have been changed by accident (like using a shortcut to enable/disable a feature) that could cause this to also do it?

It was odd to me as well. I found no issue with MHE02 but only wrong loading with MHE01.... AFAIK, there's no settings change in terms of what you mentioned.

I rechecked the subsets just now... I found that you added a keyframe at frame 30 in those subsets before saving. That was the culprit... Pls dbl-check them.

Then you may copy frame 30 to frame 0, and delete frame 30. Re-save the scene subset.

Post edited by crosswind on

crosswind said:

Lantios said:

crosswind said:

It was odd to me as well. I found no issue with MHE02 but only wrong loading with MHE01.... AFAIK, there's no settings change in terms of what you mentioned.

I rechecked the subsets just now... I found that you added a keyframe at frame 30 in those subsets before saving. That was the culprit... Pls dbl-check them.

Then you may copy frame 30 to frame 0, and delete frame 30. Re-save the scene subset.

I found the keyframe you were talking about and am resaving the subsets! I've fixed it for MHE01 and resubmitted the fixes.

Thanks for your investigation, it really helps. I had no idea this was happening. Asking just because you seem knowledgable, but how could that keyframe have been added, do you think? I haven't opened the timeline in DS before and have not touched any animation in it, are keyframes automatically set in Studio at zero/on the timeline, or is there a shortcut that does it by chance? Looking to avoid this in the future lol

Thanks so much for your help <3

I found the keyframe you were talking about and am resaving the subsets! I've fixed it for MHE01 and resubmitted the fixes.

Thanks for your investigation, it really helps. I had no idea this was happening. Asking just because you seem knowledgable, but how could that keyframe have been added, do you think? I haven't opened the timeline in DS before and have not touched any animation in it, are keyframes automatically set in Studio at zero/on the timeline, or is there a shortcut that does it by chance? Looking to avoid this in the future lol

Thanks so much for your help <3

You're welcome ! 

I really don't know how that issue happened when DzTimeline was not opened... I didn't thought of that either at the beginning. There's no shortcut to the operations of "go to animated range end" and "add keyframe"... so that seems still a mystery. devil

Anyway, pls just check it with reloaded subset. Hopefully the issue will never happen again.