Problem exporting mouth and tongue via FBX to Cinema 4D

HI! I am trying to export in fbx an animated figure, the case is that after being days reading the forum finally let me export all forms well and with the animation that was looking to change the subdivision to 0, the problem is that the language is not exported as it should, attached pictures to see if anyone can help

as you can see, it is as if some slider or something is not right in the export.

DAZ STUDIO PRO 4.22.0.15

Captura de pantalla 2024-01-31 162304.png
722 x 661 - 310K
Captura de pantalla 2024-01-31 162323.png
873 x 700 - 186K

Comments

• EDIT: I think the problem is that when the tongue bend slider is negative, this deformity appears, any help?

Captura de pantalla 2024-02-01 110841.png
    2008 x 961 - 813K
  • possible solutions but I don't know how to do it:

- Getting to attach an object to the mesh of an alambic animation.

- How to export the morphs from daz3d without deforming them when there is a negative poser morph.

someone?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,915

What exactly are you trying to do? You mentioned Alembic, but I don't know what you mean by "getting to attach an object to the mesh". 

• Gordig said:

What exactly are you trying to do? You mentioned Alembic, but I don't know what you mean by "getting to attach an object to the mesh".

I need to attach an object to the tongue. If i export the morphs in FBX, the tongueup slider cant be -1 because in cinema4d, when going below 0 it deforms. If i export as alambic, it exports well but i cant attach an object to the tongue as ALAMBIC animation.

So i have 2 solutions, get a perfect export as FBX (where it is possible to attach objects) or to attach an object to an ALEMBIC animation

Have you tried posing the tongue using the joints instead of morphs?

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,821
    edited February 6

I need to attach an object to the tongue. 

Use Xpresso to attach the object to a point  on the tip of the tongue
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Cinema4D/comments/3a2zei/how_can_i_attach_an_object_to_a_point_on_a_mesh/

KCX1lbJ.jpeg
    1244 x 545 - 52K
    Post edited by wolf359 on
  • Gordig said:

Have you tried posing the tongue using the joints instead of morphs?

no, it will be the first new thing I try, I'll let you know.

• wolf359 said:

I need to attach an object to the tongue. 

Use Xpresso to attach the object to a point  on the tip of the tongue
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Cinema4D/comments/3a2zei/how_can_i_attach_an_object_to_a_point_on_a_mesh/

It is one of the things I did, the problem is that xpresso does not follow the rotation, I need that when something is attached to a polygon of the mesh it is in position and rotation.

that is, if you stick something to the mesh with xpresso it would work like the seats of a ferris wheel, they follow the position but at the end they do not rotate with the axis.

I'm not the handiest with XPresso, but if you attach an object to a polygon, can you not also align it to the polygon's normal, and thus follow the rotation?