Issues after upgrading to 4.22

So it appears I made the big mistake of downloading the latest release of Daz Studio, and now i`m having trouble with multiple issues.

The GoZ bridge no longer works properly. I can send a model to ZBrush, but am unable to send it back to Daz from ZBrush. If I then manually export from ZBrush, and use Morphloader Pro to add the change, it then shrinks the model down to 9500 - 10,000% smaller than the original model (If I manually export from Daz, and import into ZBrush, then export out of Zbrush, and import to Daz, it works okay, so the issue is specific to the bridge).

I also noticed that renders were also taking significantly longer to make, with something that would previously have taken 6-7 minutes, now taking 1 hour 20 minutes just to reach 68% (A single G9 char with hair, and a JPG backdrop with only the standard HDRi lighting set to 30% rotation, 2400 x 3000). The initial period while it collates all the information before starting a render is noticably longer, but after looking into it, I can see that in the preview window, when in Iray mode, the gfx card is fully fired up so everything is quick. But when I start a render, despite having both CPU and GPU set for renders (and previews), only the CPU works and the GPU does nothing. If I set it to GPU only it instantly finishes the render, and only produces a black screen. I am running the latest Nvidia drivers (31.0.15.5123).

Any help would be appriciated

Comments

• ZBrush: I don't know why you would be having trouble, but this isn't a general issue. The scaling is because OBJ has no set size, so you have to tell DS how long its unit is - if the values of export (implicitly, via Bridge, or explicitly via OBJ export) and import as miorph do not match the result will be unwanted scaling - in this case, ZBrush seems to use the metre as its unit but the default DS scale is the cm - change the preset in the Morph Loader options (modo is a good basic choice for this scale) and it shoild match up.

On rendering, the new DS has a more recent version of iray which has a later minimum driver version - see https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8513136/#Comment_8513136 - and I suspect your driver is too old.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,223

Regarding the ZBrush bridge, have you tried reinstalling the plugin?

Regarding renders, first thing I would suggest would be to check the log to see what it says about the GPU when you try to render.

• The graphics driver is the latest one available for my card (RTX 3060) and was downloaded just today. My main issue with the GoZ bridge actually isn`t the scaling issue (Though ofcause it is annoying), its the fact that it is no longer acting as a bridge, and i`m having to manually pass everything back and forward with obj files, which just dirupts the workflow.

I have indeed tried removing and reinstalling all parts through DIM several times. In regards to the log, i`m gonna go troll through the last one to see if I can spot anything.

Thanks

• What is the driver version? Which 3060, the 12GB model?

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,674

Not sure if it helps but I believe the OP's driver version is new enough - I've been running a slightly older version (31.0.15.4601 vs 31.0.15.5123) and can render using GPU on my 3080.