Two different hair simulations in 1 scene

I know this has been posed before..(and probably answered as well)..

I have a scene where a girl with simulated ong hair is tossed onto a bed...at which point the hair sim will explode.

I need to use hair simulation 1 before the bed toss...and hair simulation 2 after the bed toss...

I've heard that scene presets...pose presets...even wearable presets can accomplish this....

anyone got any solid answers for this?...I would love to be able to change hair simulations throuoghout a scene.

Comments

• So you need two simulations on the same object? The only way to do that would be to export the first as OBJ, then import as a morph and have that applied at the beginning of the simulation - but if the hair is exploding I wouldn't expect that to help, more likely you need to adjust the Simulation Settings to allow itt o cope with the rapid movement (and then you can use the Timeline or initialisation time to allow the first simulation to drape the hair followed by the movement onto the ehad, being careful not to force the hair into existing geometry).

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,524

Are you talking about an animation, or two separate stills?

• lstubbs2lstubbs2 Posts: 33

its an animation.....I managed to get it stable through the rapid movement by hiding certain body parts and some head twists just prior to the movement....now I need to "clean up her face" after the movement because the hair is now covering it.....

However...I would still love to find a quick way to reset the hair simulation mid-animation without loosing the first half hair sims.

is the file .OBJ strictly a poser thing?......

• lstubbs2 said:

its an animation.....I managed to get it stable through the rapid movement by hiding certain body parts and some head twists just prior to the movement....now I need to "clean up her face" after the movement because the hair is now covering it.....

However...I would still love to find a quick way to reset the hair simulation mid-animation without loosing the first half hair sims.

is the file .OBJ strictly a poser thing?......

No, OBJ is used for morphs in DS too - though for strand-based hair it can be tricky to get right as it needs to be given only the real guide hairs (actually, I write that blithely without having tried for ages, I was initially thinking of cloth-hair rather than strand-based dForce hair).