Pls Help Me : Cookie + Chip ....

Hi there, 

I'm driving myself insane trying to pose the Cookie + Chip characters I bought (Dream Cookies : Dolce & Dream Cookies: Macha). I would like them to be compatible with G2 and G8. I bought Genx and tried running it but it just kept crashing and/or saying the character was not supported. I also even tried just removing the head from my favortie G8 model and implanting the Cookie/Chip head on but they always seperate and require me to pose the head manually for each individual pose . Could someone please help me and tell me what I'm doing wrong ? I keep seeing all those pictures of Cookie and Chip posed so adorably but don't understand HOW because they don't have very many assigned poses (if that makes sense)... should I be using a different posing program to get better results / pre-made poses ? Any assitance/advice would be greatly appreciated,  I feel ike the answer is probably so simple but I'm beyond frustrated with trying. Thanks guys! 

Comments

• GenX works on specific figures only. Cookie and Chip are custom figures, so they would need a custom converter - as far as I know theer is nothing like that available.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,063

A workaround is to...

1. Load cookie or chip and hide everything except the head.
    2. Then load a G8 and hide the head.
    3. Parent the cookie or chip head to the G8 body.
    4. Use morphs like those of toon generations to create a compatible body.

This is how I did it in the artwork below, though this is with G3: Gallery Entry (if you want to see the products used):

• 31415926543141592654 Posts: 971

As mentioned above, they are custom characters ... so one answer is to the the workaround also mentioned above.

The other answer is that these are 'ancient' characters by digital standards. There used to be a number of sets of clothes and poses for them in the Daz store. Over the years, some vendors have left and probably some of these products are no longer available here. If you want to use Chip and Cookie, I would advice collecting whatever is still available in the store (then look elsewhere if necessary). Having pre-made poses does make it a lot easier..

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,340
    edited January 31

For poses, older figures like these tended to use the same skeletal set-ups as other older figures, in this case like Micheal 3/Victoria 3/Aiko 3/Hiro 3/etc.

Attached are an M3 pose and two Hiro 3 poses used, showing how closely they work without any editing (I tend to shrink the Cookie and Chip heads when I use them, but the poses didn't affect them).

If I recall, these used to be RDNA characters and didn't hit the DAZ store until DAZ bought the RDNA store. You'll find more custom clothing from other stores, check the usual places.

Chip and Cookie come with "heads" that you used to be able to load and use with other characters' bodies (by hiding the other charcter's heads) but the Chip head stopped working a while ago, I'm not sure in which DAZ Studio version. When you load the "head" now, you get the mess attached.

Finally, besides grabbing Chip and Cookie clothing, you can use the Crossdresser utility to convert older (pre-Genesis) DAZ clothing sets and quite a few older non-DAZ clothing sets to fit Chip and Cookie.

https://www.evilinnocence.com/crossdresser

I believe Wardrobe Wizard also offered similar features (either as a an older standalone product or as a piece of Poser way back when, not sure if it's still available).

Ready to Rock II.png
    1988 x 1440 - 2M
    Kick.png
    2220 x 1202 - 2M
    I Give Up.png
    1712 x 1202 - 1M
    Head.png
    1588 x 1188 - 1M
    Legion Large 2013-02.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 2M
    Post edited by wsterdan on
    edited January 31

parisca31 said:

I'm driving myself insane trying to pose the Cookie + Chip characters I bought (Dream Cookies : Dolce & Dream Cookies: Macha). I would like them to be compatible with G2 and G8. I bought Genx and tried running it but it just kept crashing and/or saying the character was not supported. I also even tried just removing the head from my favortie G8 model and implanting the Cookie/Chip head on but they always seperate and require me to pose the head manually for each individual pose . Could someone please help me and tell me what I'm doing wrong ? I keep seeing all those pictures of Cookie and Chip posed so adorably but don't understand HOW because they don't have very many assigned poses (if that makes sense)... should I be using a different posing program to get better results / pre-made poses ? Any assitance/advice would be greatly appreciated,  I feel ike the answer is probably so simple but I'm beyond frustrated with trying. Thanks guys! 

As FenixPhoenix wrote, one way is to attach Cookie's head to another body whose head is hidden. If you "attach" the head properly, it shouldn't split off when a pose is applied.

Rather than add Cookie then hide her body, you can load just Cookie's head (Chip's doesn't work, as I mentioned above).

Here, I've loaded a G3 character with some Toon Generations 2 morphing (FenixPhoenix's excellent idea of dialing in more Toon Gen 2, 3 or 4 morphs would make the overall character more toonish) and beside it, Cookie's head.

I first hide the G3 character's head (including the eyes, teeth, tongue, etc.), then move the Cookie head into place (as noted, I like to shrink Chip and Cookie heads a bit); I used the hair I was already using by parenting it to Cookie's head and resizing it, then moved the Cookie head into place above the G3 upper neck.

Once the Cookie head is where I want it to show, I parent it to the G3 body (in this case, the upper neck). You might get better results if you parent the Cookie head to the G3 head, it only takes a few seconds to switch it.

Attached is a sample of a female G3 pose applied.

Hopefully this helps a bit, let me know if you have any questions.

G3CharCookieHead.png
    608 x 1188 - 521K
    G3HeadHiddenCookieHead.png
    608 x 1188 - 511K
    G3CookieHeadAttached.png
    2280 x 1188 - 1M
    G3CookieKick.png
    2552 x 1118 - 2M
    Post edited by wsterdan on
    Oh, glad to know it's not just something bad on my end that made Chip's head become unusable. I am getting the same result as you attached, where he looks like he is missing geometry all over.

FenixPhoenix said:

Oh, glad to know it's not just something bad on my end that made Chip's head become unusable. I am getting the same result as you attached, where he looks like he is missing geometry all over.

Nope, it's a problem with the geometry. 

I think if I ever go back to using Chip and Cookie more frequently, I'll probably just use the Cookie head as a Chip head and use some of the extra Cookie Dough morphs to make her a little more masculine. As it is, using the Chip textures alone and matching some of the feature morphs show they're pretty close.

Chip and Cookie.png
    1612 x 956 - 1M

That's a good solution. I hadn't seen Chip and Cookie close enough to realize they are indeed very similar to one another in terms of face structure.