Help: Animation Problems

Problem #1

I'll go back in the timeline to animate a different object. Then when I play from the start the other object(s) won't stay in the same position(s). The object(s) is lower/higher and/or facing a different angle but still follow the motion path.

I scrapped it and started again. Didn't have the same problem but encountered another one.

Problem #2

Animated objects are out of sync. They move earlier then they should whether I'm moving forward or back in time.

I've animated other scenes but never encountered these two problems.

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,179

Hi Nessie, welcome to the forum. Check out this thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/45629/bryce-animation-brain-dump-was-key-flame-a-m-l-basic-intro/p1

Hopeful it will be helpful.

• It helped but when I continue to animate it just happens again and I now have the first problem again

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433

Problems like that are usually down to having stuff selected that you don't want selected when creating your keyframe.

Always use the "deselect" menu item before selecting only the object you want to create a keyframe for.

1: Slide timeline scrubber to the point you wish to start animation.

2: Use 'Deselect'

3: Select the object you wish to animate

4: Click create Keyframe (You can also create a keyframe for only the parameters you wish to use such as Position, Rotation, Size etc. But if it's a simple enough animation and you won't be needing the AML (Advanced Motion Lab) too much, just clicking the + icon will do)

5: Make sure the + sign has turned yellow.

6: Move the time line to where you want the animation to finish.

7: Move you object to where you want it's movement to finish.

8: Click create keyframe.

9: Again make sure the + sign has turned yellow.

10: Deslect and test it's worked.

Hope this helps.