Face Transfer 2 cannot find input image [solved]

Enchanted AprilEnchanted April Posts: 215

I just tried to play around with FT2 for the first time. After browsing to my picture folder etc. and press "generate" a pop up says "Input Image is invalid or cannot be found". This happens with G9 and G8. I tried a lot of images. All of them are jpg's. Even the same pictures what worked with FT1 long time ago. I use DAZ Studio 4.22.0.15 (the newest update) and I also updated the G9 Starter Essentials. Windows PC, GTX 1080Ti, newest NVIDIA driver. What can I do. Log file is attached. Thanks in advance!

txt
txt
FT2prob.txt
1M
Post edited by Enchanted April on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,284
    edited January 25

You used the trial version FT2 or registered version (with serial number entered...) ?

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Full registered version with serial number applied...

• What is the path to the images?

• D:\Eigene Dateien\Eigene Bilder\Eigene Alben 1\AnjaSpezial\für Face Transfer 

nothing special...

edited January 25

Well... is there any special unicode character in the file name or folder / path of the image ? If so, pls rename them with ascii letters only, 'cause most of the plugins don't support unicode characters... AFAIK.

For instance:

- acceptable : abc.png
    - unacceptable : àbç.png

Post edited by crosswind on

Enchanted April said:

D:\Eigene Dateien\Eigene Bilder\Eigene Alben 1\AnjaSpezial\für Face Transfer 

nothing special...

" für " is not accetable... change it to "for"

• Wow, thaaaank you! That's it! Looks like me (aaargh) but not from the side. But that is another problem... ;) Bought the FT2 Shapes and will try them immediately. You've made my day!

laugh

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

Yes, one should never use non-US characters in file or folder names. They may work with mainstream applications, but even in 2024 there are still situations where non-US characters do not work.

• PerttiA said:

Yes, one should never use non-US characters in file or folder names. They may work with mainstream applications, but even in 2024 there are still situations where non-US characters do not work.

What I have learned today!!! enlightened