RSSY Character Converter Gen8 -> Gen9 not working

Hello,

I recently bought the RSSY Character Converter Gen 8 Female to Gen 9. Alas, I can't figure out how it's supposed to work.

I first opened the .pdf manual and tried to follow the step-bys-tep instruction on page 3.

• Create a New, Empty Scene. - Okay, that worked without problems.
  • Click Set Character Output Directory... button [...] - Click the button where? If I have to start one of the scripts, it'd be nice to tell which one I had to start. There's four of them and every single one does funny things.
  1. Character Converter Eye Placement - In the empty scene, I get the error message "Please make sure that only one figure is selected"
  2. Character Converter G8F to G9 - In the empty scene, this produces an error that says "The content management/smart content has to be installed and working to use this script".
  3. Character Converter Install Custom Actions - This one opens up a window, in which I am asket to specify a submenu where Custom Actions (whatever that might mean) will be stored. Whatever.
  4. Convert Custom Character G8F to G9 - Error message "Please select a Genesis 8 Female and Genesis 9 figure!" 

Given that, only 4. seems somewhat promising. So I load some G8F character and a blank G9 model into the scene, select them both and start the script again which, after a few more error messages and some trying around suddenly starts the script and the model gets converted. Yay!

The eyes and teeth poking through heavily I get fixed, but the G9 Tear constantly hangs somewhere in front of the figure and resists all attempts to move it. Reloading doesn't help, either. I unparented it, made sure that it isn't in fixed location - nothing. Also, the textures haven't been transformed. I have a grey model. 

Is that really the way it's supposed to work?

Comments