Nvidia Studio driver crashes during renders (SOLVED)

plarffplarff Posts: 264

Hi all.

Anyone here uses the Studio drivers from NVidia. I had an issue where certain scenes just rendered black. I tried different things.

I was still using the older Studio driver version. I then re installed latest version and everything was peachy again.

Now today, 1 month later all my renders not today just black. Yesterday renders were fine. I reinstalled same (latest) version of Studio and now everythign works again. I've used Studio drivers for a long time, but I do believe the problem starter when i bought a 4090 RTX about 1 month ago.

Thx

Post edited by plarff on

Comments

• Are you sure that Windows isn't just rolling you back to an older, unsupported driver? You can get the version from the DS log file (Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File), or right-click on the desktop>nVidia Control Panel.

• plarffplarff Posts: 264
    edited January 24

Hi Richard.

Things have gotten even worst. As you may remember i have my Render-PC and my Work_PC. Both used the latest Studio drivers.

I now installed latest Generic or non studio drivers and here is where it gets strange.

If I reinstall Studio or the Generic or non studio version and then do Iray preview or render most of my work its fine. Now as soon as i load a specific Genesis8 model that i have rendered in the past a gazillion times without issues, when she is in the scene, boom both of my pc's DAZ refuses to do ANY rendering or iray previews of ANYTHING i load after I have loaded that model.
    I have to now reinstall the Nvidia driver and then NOT load that model for things to work properly again.

I am totally confused how this model suddenly seems to be corrupt. I have save subsets of her and all of them are corrupt. I did an x-transfer of her Gen3 to Gen 8 long ago and all was well. NOW even her original Gen3 model crashes or doesnt render.

I have attached the crash report. Not sure if it's going to help in any way.

I am totally confused what has happened.

I really cant now disgard this model as I need her in my game I am making.

zip
    zip
    DAZStudio_error_report_240124-180856.zip
    Post edited by plarff on

I am using the correct version and doesn't seem to roll back no.

driver version.png
    561 x 517 - 26K
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,284

From the dump analysis, Iray library.dll file caused the crash... not 100% sure but I suppose it might be content related. Is that custom model a bare figure or there're some Wearables on her ?

edited January 24

crosswind said:

From the dump analysis, Iray library.dll file caused the crash... not 100% sure but I suppose it might be content related. Is that custom model a bare figure or there're some Wearables on her ?

Hey...

She's naked when i test. Maybe it's her hair suddenly causing it? Im honestly confused as to why its happening.

Post edited by plarff on

plarff said:

crosswind said:

Hey...

She's naked when i test. Maybe it's her hair suddenly causing it? Im honestly confused as to why its happening.

A hair ?Hair is also a Wearable. Is the hair from OOT?

You are there. Puuuuurfecctt.

Suddenly camille hair is the problem. Just now did some testing and if i hide or remove the hair i can Iray view / render the model giving me issues.

camille hair .png
    1112 x 656 - 407K

Oh yea!Then,pls update OOT hairblending shader in here, dude!https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8427911/#Comment_8427911

Then you can freely use OOT hair products with no crash. yes

crosswind said:

Oh yea!Then,pls update OOT hairblending shader in here, dude!https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8427911/#Comment_8427911

Then you can freely use OOT hair products with no crash. yes

Will do thank you.