[solved] Mesh grabber - creating symmetry?

SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 439

The promo for Mesh Grabber shows making an ear more elf-like. However, I'd like the ears on my character to match (weird, I know) and I can't find anything in the documentation or on YouTube tutorials that explains how to achieve this.

Help?

Post edited by SilverGirl on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,412
    edited January 24

Asymmetrical is natural...blush

Well, Mesh Grabber doesn't support Symmetry itself... but check this thread - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8558461/ ; It's the only way to make symmetry by using the combo of GeoEditor + Mesh Grabber. However, you only can make it on Y and Z axis....

Another better way: You make an elf ear on one side and use Morph Loader Pro to make a symmetrical morph on the other side. Follow the screenshots below:

SNAG-2024-1-24-0093.png
    2560 x 1400 - 415K
    SNAG-2024-1-24-0095.png
    2561 x 1400 - 508K
    SNAG-2024-1-24-0103.png
    2560 x 1400 - 480K
    SNAG-2024-1-24-0104.png
    2560 x 1400 - 484K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 439

Oh you are my hero for including screen shots! Will try this as soon as I can manage some computer time.

SilverGirl said:

Oh you are my hero for including screen shots! Will try this as soon as I can manage some computer time.

Yep, as always. No problem ~ Pls take your time.

crosswind said:

SilverGirl said:

Yep, as always. No problem ~ Pls take your time.

Total side note, but thank you again for your detailed help on my Aslan Court issue last fall -- I learned a lot, and still need to look up how to do spotlights to get it right, I think. (So much to learn, and my time to do it is all in bits and snatches.) I had some family stuff come up and haven't had a chance to get back to it, unfortunately, and wound up deciding that before I started worrying about lighting, maybe I should focus on getting my characters looking right first.

You're welcome! No problem and no hurry ~ Step-by-step learning would be always a better way for building solid knowledge. Pls take it easy. blush

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,431

Bookmarked, I recently got the Mesh Grabber Bundle, so good info, thanks crosswind.

Faeryl Womyn said:

Bookmarked, I recently got the Mesh Grabber Bundle, so good info, thanks crosswind.

You're welcome! Enjoy the tool ! smiley 

This was perfect and so easy to follow... I was having a pretty crap day, but now my girl's ears look right, and they match, and that brought a much-needed bright spot & sense of accomplishment. Thank you!!

(She thanks you, too... as do the others in my cast who also need their ears fixed)

You and your girl are both welcome! laugh