Quite interesting problem with iray not rendering

So I ran into this interesting problem where I can't render any saved scene I have. I was working on a scene last night, I continued to work on the same scene and tried to do a test render and I got a blank scene. It's start to render and skips all the iterations and produces a blank scene. My log is saying there there's no device available or one was not chosen to render. It does this for ever pre-saved scene I have but here's the interesting part, I can recreate the exact scenes from scratch, use the same models, hair, clothing and environment and it renders the scene no problem

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,909

Have you checked that your GPU is selected in Render Settings > Advanced, before strting the render?

• Yes I have, the crazy thing is that i recreated one scene from scratch with the same models and assets and it rendered just fine. It's just when I load an older scene I saved before and try to render it that i get that error in my log.

• plarffplarff Posts: 256

eocampo34 said:

Yes I have, the crazy thing is that i recreated one scene from scratch with the same models and assets and it rendered just fine. It's just when I load an older scene I saved before and try to render it that i get that error in my log.

I take it you using the Studio driver? If so I just posted my problem and solution, which doesnt seem to be a permanent solution.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,844

Render settings are saved in the scene, if there is a problem with those settings, they would effect rendering that scene.
    Newly created scene with default or different rendering settings would not have the same problem.