Daz Studio crashes when the render begins

desfendesfen Posts: 75

I initiate the render, and always after just a short while, Daz Studio just crashes, closes out, and there's no error pop-up. I'm using the Raytracer Final scripted pathtracer rendering, and I've posted my error log

txt
txt
log.txt
Post edited by desfen on

Comments

• NinefoldNinefold Posts: 256

Is there an outoftouch hair product in your scene? Going to the Surfaces pane and removing the maps from the transmitted color channel of all of its materials will fix this crash, if so.

• This is 3delight, not iray, so the out of Touch hair issue is not relvant 9and it appears to be just a scene, judging by what loads).

• NinefoldNinefold Posts: 256

Oh, pardon me, I didn't realize.

• desfendesfen Posts: 75

yeah 3Delight it is as i've also been having problems with Iray

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited January 29

Richard Haseltine said:

This is 3delight, not iray, so the out of Touch hair issue is not relvant 9and it appears to be just a scene, judging by what loads).

I'm afraid this is not something I can help with, as I know very little about interpreting lines of code. But I understand that much that it performs the tdl.make process, which should be the very last pre-processing step before rendering starts? And it just shuts down? Any other hints in there? The fact there is no error message involved at that stage may indicate something to someone that actually understands that stuff?? 

Furthermore I'm on Mac and DS 4.20, so...

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited January 29

desfen said:

yeah 3Delight it is as i've also been having problems with Iray

That was the ShadedHaven conversion scene I shared? Have you tried rendering just one simple object, a plane with 1 division or similar, without lights or environment spheres? Or tried loading that scene and delete the Pergola, save under a new name and render?  Of course using the Raytracer Final script?

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • Sven Dullah said:

Richard Haseltine said:

This is 3delight, not iray, so the out of Touch hair issue is not relvant 9and it appears to be just a scene, judging by what loads).

I'm afraid this is not something I can help with, as I know very little about interpreting lines of code. But I understand that much that it performs the tdl.make process, which should be the very last pre-processing step before rendering starts? And it just shuts down? Any other hints in there? The fact there is no error message involved at that stage may indicate something to someone that actually understands that stuff?? 

TDL Make runs (or used to) in the background, it makes multi-res versions of the maps.

• desfendesfen Posts: 75

Sven Dullah said:

Richard Haseltine said:

hmm that sounds interesting yeah