Scooby Doo!!

kwanniekwannie Posts: 865
edited January 23 in Product Suggestions

Does anybody know if the are any morphs avilable anywhere of Scooby Doo, for DAZ Dog 8. I have seen a few for the old DAZ Dog but all that looked like Scooby on them was the texture none of the the trully comedic features of the actual scooby character. I would now even know where to begin to create morphs for DAZ Dog. Thanks!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Moved to product Suggestions as it is a request for, not an offer of, freebies.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,362

Scooby is a version of the Great Dane,  so  this give you the general body type  Great Dane for Daz Dog 8 | Daz 3D

And then what makes Scooby  are all the expressions,   GOOD DOG! Expressions for Daz Dog 8 | Daz 3D

And along with expression you need the comedic poses   Daz Dog 8 My Homework Pose Set | Daz 3D      Everyday Pooch Poses for Daz Dog 8 | Daz 3D

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,858

also Cartoon Scooby is a 2D charcter, 3D attempts will always look a lot less convincing, I have not watched the later movies but if anything like other "real life" versions of cartoons and games I expect would not be the same, OMG Sonic the Hedgehog cheeky even Bugs Bunny 3D was horrible

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,362

WendyLuvsCatz said:

also Cartoon Scooby is a 2D charcter, 3D attempts will always look a lot less convincing, I have not watched the later movies but if anything like other "real life" versions of cartoons and games I expect would not be the same, OMG Sonic the Hedgehog cheeky even Bugs Bunny 3D was horrible

Well I can tell you,  only cause my son absolutely adored scoobydoo growing up  and I got to watch all the 3D movies version multiple times,  they were all entertaining,  and the 3D Scooby had some great animations, similar to the 2d tv show yet more evolved. 

• kwanniekwannie Posts: 865

Thanks Wendy and First Bastion! Wendy I always agree with your insight on all things 3D and in particular DAZ and Iclone, but lets not forget the magic of PWToon and FaceGen. I was able to use Finley and Poppy for G3f and spin dial some basic shapes for Daph and Velma. I found some Scooby characters in Obj. format then harvested Daphne and Velma's hair and Daphne's dress and shoes. Then enter PWToon and the we have a fairly close rendition of a 2D Scooby scene. When rendering with PWToon it is very forgiving of solid style hair models. I need to do some tweaks on Daphes clothes using VWD but, 2D toons in DAZ is very attainable. The trick is finding usable Obj. files for the iconic clothes and hair. I have been looking for Velma Flintstone hair in Obj. format for a while.

FaceGen is also usefule for getting the basic face structures of some toons. I attached my 2D render of Daph and Velma along with FaceGen captures of Velma, Fred Jones, Shaggy, annd Wilma Flintstone. They are not perfect but do provide nice launching point.

I actually have an MMD motion file of the Scooby Chase scene in the Hallway that I'm going to convert into BVH and use in DAZ. If I can get the rest of the Scooby characters into DAZ. ( Primarily Scooby)

Let me know what you think, Thanks!

Daph and Velma 720p.png
    1280 x 720 - 836K
    Velma Facegen.jpg
    519 x 413 - 8K
    Fred Jones Facegen_002.jpg
    351 x 401 - 7K
    Shaggy Facegen.jpg
    380 x 397 - 7K
    Shaggy Facegen Side.jpg
    389 x 461 - 7K
    Wilma Facegen.jpg