Can you reinstall 4:21 after updating to 4.22? (crashing while receiving lens data)

Hi, I updated to 4:22 a while ago and since I did that 'am having a nightmare with some hair props, crashing the program out when rendering (specifically on receiving lens data).

There is NO WAY I am going through my entire library to work out what props work with 4:22 and what props need updating, so does anyone know if I can go back to 4:21 when it just worked fine... or if this crashing while receiving lens data with 4:22.0.15 is a problem that has a solution?

For some reason Daz Centrak does not give me the option to upgrade to 4:22.0.2, it just gives me an uninstall option.

Comments

• ElorElor Posts: 856

If it's hairs by OutOfTouch, it's a known bug and in a recent message, @barbult linked to a solution provided by Richard Haseltine:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/670456/artist-oot-s-hair-products-crash-when-iray-rendering-in-4-22

• GreatGonzoGreatGonzo Posts: 51
    edited January 22

OK the error is in the transmitted colour map on some hairs, I wonder if it's possible to just copy over the map from the hairs that work to replace the duff one... I'll have a look as I don't want to trawl through all my hair maps to find out what works and what doesn't and reinstall if I can help it.

There are some other reasons I want to go back to 4:21, there is a weird issue we had in (I think) 4:15 where Iray renders dead transparent pixels at random.  This was solvable by adding a black background but a pain in the ass when you need a trans BG.

So if anyone knows a way of rolling back installs that would be great... if there is no way then this is something for Daz to look at for the future as 4:22 seems pretty glitchy and I REALLY REALLY want 4:21 back..

Post edited by GreatGonzo on
  • It is a shared file, so all hairs using that shader will be affected or not - unless you are using different versions of DS, or different content sets with the same one, so that different versions of the file get loaded in soem but not others.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,413
    edited January 22

As for OOT hair blending shader issue, I showed the solution once and for all in here - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8427911/#Comment_8427911 Then you don't have to handle with transmitted color map each time you load OOT hair...

As for "dead transparent pixels at random", more likely they seem fireflies to me. It happens from time to time no matter what version you have... even if Firefly Filter is enabled, especially in the scene where there're complex emmisive lights. You may dbl-check if that is the case.

Af for rolling back to 4.15, you have no way to make it unless you have a backup of the installation package of 4.15.. You may try sending a ticket to Daz asking for 4.15 package...but I'm afraid you'll get no response...

Post edited by crosswind on