Sometimes hair looks very thin / spare when applied to another character

I have several hairs which belong to a specific character. From time to time I realized that these hairs look very thin / spare when it is applied to another character. I think I understood it right now: I've checked the texture of the original character and I realized that the head areas where the hair is placed is already darkened whereas the same areas of my newly created character just have the default skin color. Maybe someone can answer me some questions for a better understanding:

• I think this is the reason why many hair models have a scalp which already delivers this basic color?!
  • How would you manage this situation? Paint on the texture of the newly created character to darken the area on the head in Photoshop / Gimp?
hair.png
671 x 553 - 263K

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,793

You turned on Denoiser filter ? Is it a Strand-based hair ? Better name the product... it doesn't look normal indeed.

• DissendiorDissendior Posts: 110

It is hair from a character I've downloaded from deviantart. The hair is an actual mesh. So the question is not related to a specific product from daz store.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,885

maybe he needs Regaine surprise

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,539

Use a scalp from some other hair.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,793

Dissendior said:

It is hair from a character I've downloaded from deviantart. The hair is an actual mesh. So the question is not related to a specific product from daz store.

OK... I rarely see the similar product like this from Daz3D store / Rendo... So if there's no Scalp or Cap surface with this hair, as PerttiA said, try kitbashing a Scalp / Cap from another hair with similar style...

• DissendiorDissendior Posts: 110

thank you... I will try it with a scalp from another hair as well. For now I was able to solve it with directly changing the color on the texture map. 

And I'll give Regaine a try.... I don't really believe in these products but maybe it helps my guy laugh