HS Brenna Braid Hair with Hat: problems with some of the material settings

ElorElor Posts: 856

Hello,

I'm speaking about this product: HS Brenna Braid Hair with Hat for Genesis 9, 8, and 8.1 Females

Some material settings for the hair or for the rubber band will change surfaces they have no business changing. I tested all setting from the Genesis 8 version and checked some from the Genesis 9 version (which are likely the exact same file: they have the same creation date). Render were done on a Genesis 9 figure.

I observed the following problems:

• Hair color settings 08 to 45 will remove maps from the rubber-band surface (Hair colors 1 to 7 don't do this), making the rubber band white (but without any detail from the real white version).
  • Rubber band color setting 8 will change the maps of Hair_1004 surface (Rubber band colors 1 to 7 don't do this).

Default color:

Applying one of the problematic hair color setting will also applied a change to the rubber band:

Applying rubber band color setting 8 on the previously used hair color setting:

Can someone with the hair check if they see the same problem ?

I just want to be sure the problem is not between my keaboard and my chair, before filing a report with Daz.

While waiting for a fix, I fixed as best as I could the rubber band color 8 file, to remove every part related to surface Hair_1004, by comparing it with one of the not problematic files: I'll just have to remember to change the rubber band color after choosing the hair color.

If someone wants the detail, I should be able to get a list of the lines should be removed in the problematic file because I don't think I'm allowed to share the fixed file directly. I won't touch the hair color settings files: too many files, too many opportunities to mess up something.

HS_Brenna_Braid_Hair_G9_Default.jpg
800 x 800 - 80K
HS_Brenna_Braid_Hair_G9_Color_37.jpg
800 x 800 - 85K
HS_Brenna_Braid_Hair_Rubber_Band_Color_8.jpg
800 x 800 - 90K
Post edited by Elor on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,412

Yep, issue reproduced. Thanks!

As an alternative while waiting for the fix, you may go to Surfaces pane:
    - for applying hair color, select all surfaces except for Rubber Band, then hold Ctrl key to apply Material Preset, choose "Selected" in "Surfaces" dropdown list.
    - for applying band color, just select Rubber Band surface...

• ElorElor Posts: 856

Thank you for the alternate way of applying textures: I didn't know about them smiley

As you can reproduce the problem, I opened a ticket.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,412

Thanks for having sent the ticket !  yes