Artist OOT's hair products crash when iray rendering in 4.22

windli3356windli3356 Posts: 225

Just noticed, nearly all OOT hair products cause crash when I do iray preview or rendering, can anyone with OOT hair products duplicate the issue and confirm?  

I'm on RTX3090 and latest nvidia driver.  

When crash like this happens to a single artist's product, who should I contact to reslove the issue? Daz's tech support or the artist?

Post edited by windli3356 on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,479
    edited January 20

This is already a well known and documented issue in many many forum threads. The problem is in the OOT hair shader. You need to update your OOT hair products.

Read this very recent post for more information.

Post edited by barbult on
  • windli3356windli3356 Posts: 225

barbult said:

This is already a well known and documented issue in many many forum threads. The problem is in the OOT hair shader. You need to update your OOT hair products.

Read this very recent post for more information.

I see, but my oot products are all latest version, browsing thro the thread, doesn't look it's concluded with a known fix. 

Yes, Richard posted a known fix. As a last resort, remove the image map from the transmitted color channel in the Surfaces pane. It was never valid to put an image there, but OOT did. DS used to be more tolerant of such errors, but is more strict about correct usage now. You probably have an old version of the shader installed in some content directory, perhaps Daz Connect.
  • neomanneoman Posts: 54

NotFromThisWorld has what you need!

https://youtu.be/wHvY1BdD4yQ

That is exactly Richard's fix for when the hair updates don'tcompletely solve the problem, which I just repeated above.
  • windli3356windli3356 Posts: 225

neoman said:

NotFromThisWorld has what you need!

https://youtu.be/wHvY1BdD4yQ

Thank you, that fixed the issue for me!