Space Port Bryce

I purchased Space Port Bryce, but cannot figure out the steps to propelry download it so I can find it and use it in Bryce.

Anyone know the steps to take and path?

Comments

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,612

I'm not an expert on this but since no-one else has replied yet I thought I'd step in. You don't say how far you have got or how much you know so I'll take this slowly.

I haven't got Space Port Bryce but I have got Space Station Bryce which is from the same vendor so I expect it is similar. I did a manual install, starting by going to the product library under my account and downloading the zip file. I unzipped this and inside the Bryce 7 Pro directory there is a directory called Presets. I copied the contents of this to the Presets directory in Public Documents\Daz3D\Bryce.

Next I started Bryce and clicked on the little triange to the right of Create. This opens the Object box. I clicked the downward pointing triangle at the bottom on the box and selected User from the dropdown list.

Next I clicked the + just above the grey bar at the bottom and this opened the Add Category box. I entered a name for my new category and clicked the tick mark to create it.

I then made sure my new category was selected and clicked import, then navigated to the directory where I had put the files. I found an Objects directory with a .obp file in it, I selected this file and clicked open. This added some objects to the library.

Now I can select objects from this new category and click the tick mark at the bottom to add them to the scene.

If there is more than one obp file in the product you have bought then do each one in turn.

Another thing to watch out for is if there are any .mat files. There aren't any in Space Station Bryce but if there are in the product you have bought, go through the same procecure but start from the triange to the right of Edit to add them to your Materials library.

I hope this is of some use to you.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,288

dash2128 - Peter Wade gave you already great advise. I don't have this product. However, certain parts of the set need to be in a particular folder. You can them add manually as Peter Wade explained. You can also just copy the files into the appropriate folder and then can access things from Bryce. Here is a PDF that explains where things belong: https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf I hope this helps.