Render Engine Problem

Hi I am having a problem, daz3d doesn't seem to have Octane as a render option in daz render settings.

I have installed Octane and its in my installed plugins. Everything seems fine I'm using it as normal I just can't seem to render my work since there is no octane under the render engine options.

Also this might be the reason. when I installed octane it kept installing to an older daz folder and had no option to select which folder, i even deleted the folder and it just created a new folder with the old name, so i just copied all the files octane installed from the old daz folder to the new daz folder

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,531

I haven't used Octane for DS in a while, but if I remember correctly, you have to render within the Octane pane, not through DS's normal rendering process.

• desfendesfen Posts: 75

maybe you can go to the "Help" tab and check the "About Installed Plugins". for me the Octane options appear in the "Render" tab

• Thanks, I see it was in the animation tab of octane pane, I had to click animate. 

Gordig said:

I haven't used Octane for DS in a while, but if I remember correctly, you have to render within the Octane pane, not through DS's normal rendering process.

• It did show up and ticked in "About Installed Plugins". I got it to work inside Octane, I thought I needed to change Iray render to Octane to have it render, not inside Octane.

desfen said:

maybe you can go to the "Help" tab and check the "About Installed Plugins". for me the Octane options appear in the "Render" tab