log shows hundreds of error messages like this. where are they from?

My studio installation is having serious problems. A check of the log shows hundreds if not thousands of errors, all of which contain as part of the message the following string:

D:\DAZDevel\Hudson\HUDSON_HOME\jobs\NB_Studio_Trunk\workspace\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(697)

Where is this coming from and how do I get rid of it?

Comments

• That is the location of the affected code in the source files, what is the acrtual error/warning?

• The error messages are "Parent for modifier not found", "Modifier not prepared", "Modifier not created", "Alias property not added to node.", "Property alias not created!", "Formula target property not found", and "Formula output property not found".

All of them appear to be related to morphs.

You said that

D:\DAZDevel\Hudson\HUDSON_HOME\jobs\NB_Studio_Trunk\workspace\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(697)

is the location of the affected code in the source files.

Qs:

(1) That string it is not a path on my file system. I do not  have a volume, D:, nor does \DAZDevel\Hudson\HUDSON_HOME appear in any file path on my system. Should it?

(2) Rather than an FS path, does this represent something internal to the Daz code. It does not make much sense to me.

(3) The errors occur not upon starting studio, but upon opening a scene file. How can I modify the scene to prevent it from looking for these non existant morphs?

Also: When I render the scene using iray with my rtx4070ti gpu in the display port, it works just fine. The log says it uses 1.969GB of gpu memory (the GPU has 12GB).

But when I try to render it in a window, the GPU does nothing for many minutes. the system memory use climbs to close to its maximum. the render status window shows the items listed below. Then there is a surge in the GPU memory, the render quits and the log tells me,

D:\DAZDevel\Hudson\HUDSON_HOME\jobs\NB_Studio_Trunk\workspace\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(376): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.2   IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti): Not enough memory for kernel launches (25.840 MiB (557.402 MiB) required, 0 B available). Cannot allocate framebuffer.

I've been using daz studio for years and have never had a scene behave this way before. THis is 4.22.0.1 Pro version Public build.  Other scenes render without any problems at all. Any ideas?

Thank you, Richard. As always, you are of enormous help!

Contents of rendering message box

Rendering...

Iray (Scene Update) : Updating LPE labels

Iray (Scene Update) : Updating geometry contexts

Iray (Scene Update) : Updating geometry

Iray (Scene Update) : Retrieving geometry

Iray (Scene Update) : Updating motion transform data

Iray (Scene Update) : Updating section objects

Iray (Scene Update) : Updating materials

Iray (Scene Update) : Updating environment

Iray (Scene Update) : Updating code

Iray (Scene Update) : Updating textures

Iray (Scene Update) : Updating volumes

Iray (Scene Update) : Updating lens data

Iray (Scene Update) : Updating lights

Iray (Scene Update) : Updating instance topology

Iray (Scene Update) : Updating flags

Iray (Scene Update) : Updating backplate

Iray (Scene Update) : Updating decals

Iray (Scene Access) : Retrieving geometry

Iray (Scene Access) : Retrieving device geometry

Iray (Scene Access) : Retrieving volumes

Iray (Scene Access) : Retrieving textures

• lamoid_5f20d3e469 said:

The error messages are "Parent for modifier not found", "Modifier not prepared", "Modifier not created", "Alias property not added to node.", "Property alias not created!", "Formula target property not found", and "Formula output property not found".

All of them appear to be related to morphs.

You said that

is the location of the affected code in the source files.

Qs:

(1) That string it is not a path on my file system. I do not  have a volume, D:, nor does \DAZDevel\Hudson\HUDSON_HOME appear in any file path on my system. Should it?

No, it is the location in the source code on the dev system

(2) Rather than an FS path, does this represent something internal to the Daz code. It does not make much sense to me.

Yes, it is there for the developers if an issue needs reporting.

(3) The errors occur not upon starting studio, but upon opening a scene file. How can I modify the scene to prevent it from looking for these non existant morphs?

They mostly aren't errors, they are warnings - mainly where a product includes corrective morphs for another product, which you don't have, so the links cannot be established. That isn't an issue, aside from some impact on load times, so you can ignore it - if you do want to remove them you would need to find the morph files and edit them to remove the links (then reinstall if you even do add the products that are being pointed to). Given the potential for damaging the files I do not recommend trying to fix them.

Also: When I render the scene using iray with my rtx4070ti gpu in the display port, it works just fine. The log says it uses 1.969GB of gpu memory (the GPU has 12GB).

But when I try to render it in a window, the GPU does nothing for many minutes. the system memory use climbs to close to its maximum. the render status window shows the items listed below. Then there is a surge in the GPU memory, the render quits and the log tells me,

D:\DAZDevel\Hudson\HUDSON_HOME\jobs\NB_Studio_Trunk\workspace\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(376): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.2   IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti): Not enough memory for kernel launches (25.840 MiB (557.402 MiB) required, 0 B available). Cannot allocate framebuffer.

I've been using daz studio for years and have never had a scene behave this way before. THis is 4.22.0.1 Pro version Public build.  Other scenes render without any problems at all. Any ideas?

4.22.0.1 is a little behind the latest builds, but if you mean the iray drawstyle works but rendering doesn't then theya re not the same - for example, the Drawstyle does not use full resolution meshes.

Thank you, Richard. As always, you are of enormous help!

Contents of rendering message box

Rendering...

Iray (Scene Update) : Updating LPE labels

Iray (Scene Update) : Updating geometry contexts

Iray (Scene Update) : Updating geometry

Iray (Scene Update) : Retrieving geometry

Iray (Scene Update) : Updating motion transform data

Iray (Scene Update) : Updating section objects

Iray (Scene Update) : Updating materials

Iray (Scene Update) : Updating environment

Iray (Scene Update) : Updating code

Iray (Scene Update) : Updating textures