BACKWARDS FUTUR PROOF COMPATIBILITY

well his and this first newy post from me so happy new year 2024 one and all or who ever reads this  

any way well as there nice new gen 9 items coming out  , as spent lots of timeand money o gen 8,1 and older ,  i would like to think be  daz compatibilty add on or added to main daz autmatic option to that for new future proof new items  like way into likes of  gen 11 or gen 14 or gen 10.1  that  we could still buy new  gen 9 or gen 11 .1 items but know that we can just select it not deed load but to take  that can make copy straigh into wat erver generation folder so for item used  one clike option to choose the gen 8 or gen 8.1 folder  to then have copy of  gen 9 or 9.1 or gen 11 to be in the right folder for gen 8 or  if realy wanted  new folder if liked , ......sound complicated  probly is ,..........but  it would meen if  wanted keep using gen 8.1 as main base but have any new  gen 9 or gen 9.1 or any future ...........as i not as far reameber bought much if non at all of  gen 9  items  so that means if sopend my money on new items i want  still use my gen8or gen 8.1 ................i do have nealy all the converters from gen 2 to 3  to gen 8 but  even then there not best like gen raven nice but  gose craxy into gen 8.1 or gen 9  forms  so cant be used .....................other than than that   if bawards compatibilty then  need make  copy of   each genenerations  in staed  so ur put  copy of to bbuy into ever gen there is from like 10 years ago from now that alot of work  i think , unless there way to make like generation 11 model and click it into universal  easly used  model to use   gan 1 models  with that of  gen 9 or gen13  ............that  make hard work  tryine convery gen 1 to gen 8 when infact they doint always work  if  its like cat people  or bear or shark or dod poeple , as  some of older stuff  is great as there not gen 9 form right out the box  or backwards  compatibilty , now i know there few that can be used back to at least gen 8 but thats not like if want used gen 2 raven guy pluss gen 9 lion guy or female  i cant do autmatic  convert so as u gen 2  then go to gen 9 i not do straigh aumatic swop not with all features  to do with morphing  ......................yes this bit lonw  just trying puut all info  am asking as so far not bought  any newr stuff just becouse am wanting use gen 8 or gen 8.1 as main ..........

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Fortunately there are good products for converting to older figures.  I primarily use Genesis 1 but have clothes, poses, and characters from newer figures that I can convert to work on G1.