Product Not Working as it should

I find that the product Genesis 3 Character UVs for the Genesis 8 male, by DAZ Originals and RedzStudio no longer works. Is this because of changes that have taken place within DAZ Studio since I bought the product? (I'm using DS 4.21.0.5 on Mac OS 12.7.2.)

This is the way the product is supposed to work, and did previously: "This product contains re-mapped UVs for all 13 of the Daz Original '7' figures that use unique UV maps, allowing your Genesis 8 Male to wear those skins and have them fit perfectly." Now, I do get "get ugly seams and/or misaligned features."

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,909

I don't have it.

But I can't see how it might stop working - the UV haven't been changed.

Which texture are you trying to use?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,408

There was no DS change related to this product. It works well on my side... Any screenshot?

• Is it using the correct UV set for that set of maps?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,477

I do have it, and it is working fine in DS 4.21.0.5 and DS 4.22.1.54 Public Build on a PC.

Elijah 7 materials on Ollie 8 in DS 4.21.0.5.

Kimo 7 materials on Nix 8 in DS 4.22.0.54 Public Build

Lee 7 materials on Genesis 8 Basic Male in DS 4.22.0.54 Public Build

Ollie 8 with Elijah 7 Materials.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 639K
    Nix 8 with Kimo 7 materials.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 861K
    G8 Basic Male with Lee 7 Materials.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 726K
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,118
    edited January 17

I left the computer. I'm on an iPhone using speech to text so it might look a little wonky.

would my best bet be to uninstall the product and then re-download it and reinstall it? or could I just re-download it would that take care of the whatever errors are there?

if I load one of those UV sets on a character it shows the seams and the blank pot spots

I have a character I saved with those UV sets on it. if I try to load the character, I get error messages that certain files cannot be located.

if I click to locate the files they're in the genesis three textures, not the genesis eight textures and of course I can't get to the genesis three textures because the character is a genesis eight character.

I could post some images tomorrow but my main question then since it seems to be working is shall I just re-download the product and install it?

or is it better to find the product uninstall it and then re-download and reinstall the product?

by the way I did not expect so many quick replies. I thought I'd have to wait until tomorrow. So big thank you to all of you who answered and try to help me. Thank you very much

oh, and by the way, the text you said I was trying to use is Ivan seven on a genesis eight character.

Post edited by inquire on
  • GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,573

Is it an 8 or an 8.1 character? That could cause issues, potentially

It's Genesis 8, not 8.1

OK, I deleted the product in the DIM. I also trashed and deleted the files in the Install Manager Downloads. I redownloaded and installed the product. Now, it's working, at least in part. The UV I was trying to use, Ivan 7, still is not working. It appears to me that some of the UVs work fine, and others do not. I'll post some screen shots. I'm posting shots of the ones that do not work. Others do work on the same character.

I don't understand.... If you chose Ivan 7 as UV Set, you should've applied Ivan 7's Material Preset to the figure rather than keeping Darius 8's there...

So, is it that some of these work fine and others do not? Here are some examples of UVs that work and those that are not working, at least for me, on the G8 character Diego.

Again, the one that I was trying to use was Ivan 7.

Now, maybe this is a different situation, but here is a character that was Ivan 7 that I transferred to G8 using a character converter. When I try to load the saved character (saved as a Scene Subset), I get error messages about missing files. Those missng files are in the Genesis 3 section of DS, and so I can't get to them. (See screen shot.) Yesterday, I tried to correct how the appearance of the character because it seemed something was missing. I appllied the Ivan UV, but it looked a mess. Today, after deleted the reinstalling the product, the Ivan UV works on this Ivan character. 

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Am I doing something wrong, or is it the case that some of these UVs works well with some of the G8 characters, while othr of the UVs do not match up well?

Lee 7 on Darius 8.png
    117 x 135 - 36K
    Lee 7 on Darius 8.png
    117 x 135 - 36K
    Elijah 7 on Kjaer8 .png
    209 x 58 - 27K
    Dante 7 on Diego works.png
    417 x 370 - 149K
    Ivan 7 on Diego is a MESS.png
    636 x 384 - 176K
    Michael 7 on Diego does not work.png
    636 x 384 - 179K
    Darius 7 on Diego works.png
    636 x 384 - 178K
    Missing Files when loading a saved converted character.png
    412 x 102 - 15K
    Ivanski character convereted and blended with Michael 8.png
    687 x 412 - 208K
    Ivanski Partial Rneder.png
    314 x 288 - 106K
    Ivan now seems to render OK.png
    514 x 359 - 172K
    Ivan now seems to render OK 2.png
    582 x 413 - 215K

crosswind said:

I don't understand.... If you chose Ivan 7 as UV Set, you should've applied Ivan 7's Material Preset to the figure rather than keeping Darius 8's there...

I was just testing. Trying to figure things out.

If you hover over each screen shot, you should be able to see which figure and which UV is was testing. I did test others. I only posted some of the test results.

edited January 17

Yes, I could see them all. But, again, the UV Sets in this product should be used with corresponding Skin Textures of G3M characters rather than G8M characters'.

For instance, what you see in screeshot 4 (seems correct) is because Dante 7' UV is similar to G8M (Base Male), while Ivan 7 is obviously not in screenshot 5 (messy)...

The last four screenshots are correct.

SNAG-2024-1-18-0042.png
    2022 x 1399 - 406K
    SNAG-2024-1-18-0043.png
    2025 x 1398 - 403K
    Post edited by crosswind on