Coming attractions (WIP) - Top 90s Supermodels - 5 freebie G9 head morphs. No materials.

AOBBAOBB Posts: 957
edited January 20 in Freebies

Just a sneak peak at what I've been working on. I'm taking a break from old movie stars to give you the so-called Big Five - top five supermodels of the 90s. This is a WIP, so I haven't gotten the likenesses down yet but I hope you can recognize some of the faces.

From the left: Claudia Schiffer, Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, Cindy Crawford (no mole - sorry), Christy Turlington. 

Click on the attachment for a bigger version of the image!

Enjoy! smiley

Big Five 90s Supermodels.png
1564 x 1116 - 4M
Post edited by AOBB on

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Quite nice, thanks.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,073
    edited January 16

I'm lost for words.

Your rendition of Cindy Crawford is exactly her (sans mole, admittedly). I'm a little less sure about Claudia Schiffer, but have to say you've captured Naomi Cambell very well. I have to confess I was not aware of the other two at the time so can't really comment except to say the characters you have created are stunning.

I shall now stop trying to disprove the fact I'm lost for words.

Regards,

Richard

Edited for tripe writing errors.

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

@nonesuch00 - You're welcome! smiley

• AOBB, You did a fantastic work! You have captured the essence of these Models.

But this is a tribute to these women that exuded great beuty.

@Halcon Bluesky - Thank you so much! I tried to show the supermodels personalities, not only their beauty, and I must have succeeded because you have noticed that! smiley

I am waiting now for the lifecast of Claudia Schiffer to arrive which I will scan and use as a template for shaping the morph. I don't know why but in close up she looks very good to me but from afar she looks more like Robin Wright. Weird. I hope the lifecast will help me understand where I am going wrong. The lifecast isn't ready yet and it also has to travel to me, so it will take a little while before I release this mini bundle.

It is fun to sculpt such iconic beauties that defined the 1990's era. I needed a change before I go back to Bette Davis and Joan Crawford and I've been thinking about sculpting the Big Five for a while. I am having a great time working on them. It is a much different experience than working on classic movie stars, because there is so much more material available online of such better quality that I can use as reference.

Thank you again for taking the time to write some heartfelt words.

Cheers,

AOBB

• You did an excellent job on Campbell & Crawford, Schiffer needs a little work in the jaw & chin area...her face was not that square otherwise the cheek bone structure is beautiful, Evangelista's nose needs to be a little wider - striking woman but she has a rather distinctive nose in it's width not just at the bridge but also the tip. Turlington's facial structure is really close but her lips need to be a little thicker and her eyes just a little bigger. Overall very nice AOBB - these are the models I grew up with as a teen. The apparent role models of most of the girls I went to school with. I found their more unique qualities intriguing and fun to draw. 

• AOBB I want to get the morphs, hope you can get your handywork ready, anytime. smiley

The only issue is, where I can get some free hair to match these. 

Ultimately I have spent on some expensive items, the exchange rate has drained my wallet sad

edited January 17

@richardandtracy - I haven't noticed your post before, so please forgive me for not responding earlier. Thank you for your sweet comment. Well, now you've become acquainted with all the best known 90s supermodels. You have just learned something new! Cool! Check out all of those models (except for Claudia Schiffer) here:

At the beginning Claudia's place in the Big Five was occupied by the late Tatjana Patitz and she is starring in the George Michael "Freedom 90" video. Great music video and great song, btw.

@K8sGraphics - Thank you so much for your input! I will definitely use it while modifying the sculpts. Most helpful information. You have a very good eye! smileyyes

@Halcon Bluesky - I will add a list of hair and brows that I used for each of the morphs, when I release them. I'm sure that over time you will be able to buy those assets. Maybe it will take a little longer but the morphs will be waiting for you. wink

Post edited by AOBB on
  • Halcon BlueskyHalcon Bluesky Posts: 287
    edited January 17

AOBB You Said "At the beginning Claudia's place in the Big Five was occupied by the late Tatjana Patitz and she is starring in the George Michael "Freedom 90" video...." 

If I remember very well the duet was with Linda Evangelista.

I hope the hair list could be at bargain price or given as freebies, at this rate I can't buy anything else, due to budget constraints.

Post edited by Halcon Bluesky on

@Halcon Bluesky - in the "Freedom 90" video all top 5 supermodels are present (Linda Evangelista included). The difference is that instead of Claudia Schiffer, there is Tatjana Patitz who was part of the Big Five before Claudia Schiffer became famous.

I'm sorry that your budget is so restricted. I have looked up free hair for DAZ on Google and came by this thread:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/465676/free-hair-models-for-g3-g8

Maybe some of those freebies would be a good match...

• AOBB I didn't know the 5 supermodels were in that video clip, I just remember Linda Evangelista.

A relative of mine, has a VHS Music video, it may consider selling that because is a collection item in mint conditions laugh

When you have the morphs ready, let me know and I am eager to download it.

@Halcon Bluesky - You've got it (them)! laugh

• NuBoo2u2NuBoo2u2 Posts: 25

Great looking work. Genesis 8? Genesis 9?

@NuBoo2u2 - Thank you! These are G9.

• perlkperlk Posts: 847

Wow, amazing likenesses!!!

@perlk - Thank you! You will have a supermodel to dress up in one of your beautiful creations! smiley

I have just posted in the gallery the group portrait of the supermodels:

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/6420504982323200#gallery=album401753&page=1&image=1326540

I'm still waiting for Claudia Schiffer's lifecast to arrive, so I can finish sculpting her face and upload the bundle to Google Drive. Otherwise I consider the sculpts completed.

Enjoy the image in the gallery! :)

Cheers,

AOBB

• I think you must have worked a fair bit on Claudia since last time, looks much more like my memories of her. Fantastic.

Regards,

Richard

@richardandtracy - Thank you! smiley Yes, Claudia's likeness underwent many revisions but I still feel she could be better, so I will wait for the lifecast. It should arrive by February 8th. I hope it will come sooner...

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 846
    edited February 6

Well you've been busy!! These look fabulous.heart Oh I loved George Michael's Freedom song and music video growing up. Sooo iconic!

Well thanks or no thanks, you sent me down a crazy rabbit hole after seeing your supermodels threads and I'm still stuck in it! I've been looking up many of the 90s models, bingeing on various George Michael tracks, and David Fincher music videos. I've now been stuck in the 80s and 90s for a bit... laugh Now over to the other thread...

Post edited by SapphireBlue on

@SapphireBlue - Isn't the "Freedom" song and video awesome?! I just love them. You say you are now stuck in the 80s and 90s - well, all I can say to that is that you have a good taste. I love that time - "Blade Runner", "The Matrix", "Twin Peaks", Genesis and Phil Collins solo, George Michael, Vangelis, REM. Incredibly creative times. I have gathered over the years over 36 hours of the best songs of the 80s and 90s and there is plenty more to go! laugh