Erc freeze not freezing, no matter what the weather says outside

I have no idea why this is happening but I'm going bonkers. I'm in an area where I have only ahotspot for internet and precious few data bytes, but I wasted some to try tio find an answer and only found this thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/459291/adjust-rigging-erc-freeze-and-save-morph-not-working-solved ; Not helpful at all. Alas.

So I'm creating a character system on DAZ. I've been making characters a while now (who knew I'd get this far) so am pretty sure I'm doing things correctly. This is my second full item on Genesis 9 - not counting personal ones - and so far everything has been behaving. Until this character.

I have a full body morph. No matter how many times I:

1. Adjust rigging, then
  2. Erc that rigging, then
  3. save as morph asset

The rigging will NOT save. It'll save a little off or not at all. NO matter what I do. I even tried creating a submorph that would be it's skeleton, and no dice.

I can't find a solution, especially on my limited data, and would greatly appreciate some help. I'm hoping it's not another library problem. i did recently import some things in and other problems cropped up (not many and all but one have been removed), but I'm not in a place where I can start a whole new fresh library again at the moment.

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,477

Did you ERC bake after ERC freezing the first time? I don't think you can ERC freeze twice without baking to undo it between freezes.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,097
    edited January 16

barbult said:

Did you ERC bake after ERC freezing the first time? I don't think you can ERC freeze twice without baking to undo it between freezes.

True, though I didn't think the system stopped you from trying - it just gives a Duplicate Formula error on reload.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • I've never gotten a duplicate formula error ever, and didn't know you couuld get one until I was today years old. 

As far as baking, I'd evern went as far as manually deleting all of the joint settings using the paremeter pane. Repeatedly I've tried various things to the point of insanity.

I eventually got it to take by creating a new morph,naming it the skeleton, and baking the old morph to make it empty with the skeleton underneath. That was working great.

Until I loaded again a few minutes ago and the joints were whacked again.

With yet another new morph I think I have it working now. Maybe. It seems to be only this one morph being a problem. I'm nonplussed on what I did to create the issue. Sure would like to know so I can avoid in the future.

• I don't think anyone is particularly curious, but the evil character in question is in  my gallery here: https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5361186514141184#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1325288

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,411
    edited January 16

I'm somehow particularly curious..

- have you by chance changed the morph's name in Parameter settings during the operation of rigging, baking, freezing and saving asset?
    - have you by chance saved the morph assets to other Daz Library path?
    - have you tried romoving or deleting the "not working" morphs from all relevant paths before creating the new one... then clear DSON cache file and reload G9 for a test?

And what's your DS version by the way?

Post edited by crosswind on
  • spearcarrier said:

I've never gotten a duplicate formula error ever, and didn't know you couuld get one until I was today years old. 

As far as baking, I'd evern went as far as manually deleting all of the joint settings using the paremeter pane. Repeatedly I've tried various things to the point of insanity.

Links, which is what ERC Freeze creates, are managed through the Property Hierarchy pane.

I eventually got it to take by creating a new morph,naming it the skeleton, and baking the old morph to make it empty with the skeleton underneath. That was working great.

Until I loaded again a few minutes ago and the joints were whacked again.

With yet another new morph I think I have it working now. Maybe. It seems to be only this one morph being a problem. I'm nonplussed on what I did to create the issue. Sure would like to know so I can avoid in the future.

• I meant property hierarchy. I have no idea why I want to call it the paremeters. =^-^=