Blender - How to align 2 faces perpendicular?

JamesJames Posts: 929

https://prnt.sc/GE-zxQ_sVfMl

Usually I move it the vertices/edges manually, but can't really exact nice 90 degrees to the face.

I've been searching for the internet, but can't find any solution.

DAZ3d cloth sometimes has thickness, like around the arm, but after a simulation the thickness could sometimes get flat. So I reposition the face in Blender one by one. Kinda tedious.

Post edited by James on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,909

To achieve the edge you have in the image, I would extrude faces along normals.

• JamesJames Posts: 929
    edited January 15

I may not extrude it.
    Cos I have to reimport back as morph.
    So no new faces/edges.

I have to fix/realign the faces/edges in the image

Post edited by James on
  • felisfelis Posts: 3,909

You can create a cutom orientation based on a face, and then align the corresponding edge to that. But you would have to do that for the individual edge, so it would be a lot of work.

I think I would just eyeball it and then use Looptool > Relax to get it smooth.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,408
    edited January 15

Though it'll depend on the garment you use, I would suggest two ways you may try:

1) A quick way in Blender: Select Loops - Edge Loops first, then use Smooth (Shift Space ~ Ctrl + 2) to tweak the angle (ss1 - 2).
    2) Instead of editing it in Blender, you may fine-tune properties on dynamic surface(s) in DS to preserve stiffness of the edge when simulating the garment, so as to avoid flattening (ss3).

SNAG-2024-1-16-0000.png
    2560 x 1400 - 1M
    SNAG-2024-1-16-0001.png
    2560 x 1400 - 1M
    SNAG-2024-1-16-0002.png
    2010 x 1398 - 1M
    Post edited by crosswind on