Can someone figure this out for me?

geordiesharpgeordiesharp Posts: 151

So I bought this ....https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/129693/hazardous-materials-clothing-set-for-g2-males-females ;  thinking it was for GENESIS 2, but when I tried to fit it to a GENESIS 2 figure, it did not fit (see PIC 1), so I tried to transfer the rigging, convert from prop to figure, tried to weightmap it, and nothing, Also what does this symbol mean circled in red (see PIC 2), this is how it loads before trying to fit it to the figure, as it does not do it automatically.

If someone can explain how to get this to fit a GENESIS figure, does not matter which type, as I can then change things to a GENESIS 8 figure. Cheers.

Ps I have messaged to creator over at renderosity, but nothing yet, so I thought I would hit the forums. Cheers Again.

PIC 1.png
1723 x 907 - 325K
PIC 2.png
1701 x 937 - 338K
Post edited by geordiesharp on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,531

If I'm not mistaken, that icon means that it's Poser format. The files are all labeled as "G2F", which would have been meaningless for a gen2 figure, as those would all have been for V2 or so on, so I have to imagine that they are indeed for Genesis 2 despite the product page's ambiguity. Try rescaling/repositioning the suit so that it fits the G2F, then export as OBJ, reimport the suit and do the Transfer Utility dance on that.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

It's for the Poser 6 G2 figures, not for Genesis 2.

• 31415926543141592654 Posts: 973

Good day, as mentioned above, at renderosity many older products labled as G2 refer to GENERATION 2, not Genesis 2 ( aka generation 6). It is confusing, but labels have changed through the years and it would be a mess to retroactively go back and change every products description.

As to making G2 products work on genesis figures. One of the more successful work-a-arounds is to first fit it to Genesis 1. Genesis 1 has a lot of autofit morphs to get pre-genesis items fitting to genesis. Once on Genesis 1, it can be saved as a genesis item (I forget which exact type of save that is) and then it will fit onto other genesis figures (2,3,4,8,9). It is not perfect, and does not work with everything ... but it is simple and fast when it does work.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,910

If you are unable to get that one to work, there is one in DAZ for G8M that you might be able to convert to G2M or use autofit. https://www.daz3d.com/biohazard-suit-for-genesis-8-males by midnight stories. It is not on sale right now, but seems to go on sale frequently.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,844
    edited January 15

3141592654 said:

Good day, as mentioned above, at renderosity many older products labled as G2 refer to GENERATION 2, not Genesis 2 ( aka generation 6). It is confusing, but labels have changed through the years and it would be a mess to retroactively go back and change every products description.

No, Poser G2 characters are completely different from Daz base characters, they are neither Genesis 2 nor Generation 2 (ie. Vicky 2/Michael 2) 

https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/G2_Females

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • Hey Guys thanks for all the helpful information, I was not aware of poser having GENERATION 2 characters, as I only use DAZ, and just assumed it was GENESIS2, my bad :( as for fitting it to a GENESIS 1 character, I have tried but the suit still has the same results as in the picture, even if I fit it to a VICTORIA 4.2 it has the same results. just I will keep trying, or get a refund, The MIDNIGHT STORIES suit, is amazing, however too large and bulky for my needs, plus too expensive to get male and female versions at the moment.

• You would need a clone shape for the Generatio 2 Female figure, clones are specific to a particular figure (and, for distribution, need permission from the owners of the rights to the figure, in thise that is probably Renderosity).

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,844
    edited January 15

The Poser G2 characters were included in Poser 7 and made by Smith Micro

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poser_(software)

Poser7.JPG
    764 x 278 - 37K
    Post edited by PerttiA on
  • geordiesharpgeordiesharp Posts: 151
    edited January 15

Look what I did, took me 5 hours, lots of trail and error, and a bunch of swearing and dancing with TRANSFER UTILITY, but it now fits and works with a GENESIS 8 FEMALE (only thing I did not fit was the gloves, they were really tricky sand I had others I could use so). Thanks to everyone for you help, and big thanks to GORDIG for the idea to manually fit and then dance with transfer utility :)  me very happy now :) 

Screenshot 2024-01-15 210226.png
    722 x 885 - 198K
    Post edited by geordiesharp on