Genesis suddenly stopped loading or loads invisible

I have no idea why but my Genesis 1 figure has stopped behaving. i was editing some of the morphs that had decided they were default loads when they're not (like Victoria 5) when suddenly the figure would load invisible. The edits I made were only removing the controllers so they wouldn't load automatically. No morphing itself was done.

Then G would only load as blocks.

I reinstalled using the install manager and it's back to being invisible again.

I still use G for a lot of important stuff.... is there no way to get it back?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Can you restore some of the files you had edited until you track down what caused this?

When you load Genesis does it appear in the Scene pane?   If so, make sure the eye is turned on and there's nothing weird in the Surfaces pane.

• Not able to restore where I am.  But I did load Genesis Female instead of just Genesis, and somehow that brought the old Genesis back when I found some  pesky morphs that had taken over. But the old Genesis refuses to load as anything but V5 with some other things no matter how hard I try. I've edited each of those morphs by hand and even though they're not programmed to load, load they do.

At one point a virus had gotten into my computer years ago. I can tell because all of the author data is in kanji. But finding the main culprit, as I think there might be one, is impossible at this time.