Merging two clothes asset in a single asset

Hi guys!
I have a shirt and jacket, is it possible to merge them, making them a new single "shirt asset" in the scene?
I don't really care about their morphs, I just want them to become a single asset. Is that something achievable?

Comments

• What are you wanting to achieve? You can load them together simply by saving a Wearables preset, while Hierarchical Materials presets would allow a single preset to texture both.

• Kyan001Kyan001 Posts: 75

I'm trying to have them polygonally merged in to a single scene asset, without exporting them to blender and lose mind between import\export

• felisfelis Posts: 3,909

It is still not clear to me what you want to achieve.

You cannot merge meshes in DS. You can export as one obj, and reimport that again, and it will be one object. But it will have loost all rigging and morphs, so rigging shall reapplyes.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,409
    edited January 14

Technically, the only way of merging them together without imp/exp is to use the function "Merge Fitted Figure(s) Geometry" in Geometry Editor. Not sure what product are you using but the process should be the same:

- Fit Shirt to Jacket first. (or Select Shirt, "Fit to" property, select Jacket)... or vice versa.
    - Select Jacket, Alt + Shift + G. In Viewport, RMB click menu - Geometry Editing -  Merge Fitted Figure(s) Geometry.
    - After Merge... is done, delete Shirt.

All their geometry will be merged and surfaces will be combined together. The morphs on Jacket are preserved but you'll "lose all morphs (incl. corrective morphs) on Shirt geometry"...and vice versa.

SNAG-2024-1-15-0036.png
    2017 x 1397 - 520K
    Post edited by crosswind on
    edited January 15

crosswind said:

Technically, the only way of merging them together without imp/exp is to use the function "Merge Fitted Figure(s) Geometry" in Geometry Editor. Not sure what product are you using but the process should be the same:

- Fit Shirt to Jacket first. (or Select Shirt, "Fit to" property, select Jacket)... or vice versa.
    - Select Jacket, Alt + Shift + G. In Viewport, RMB click menu - Geometry Editing -  Merge Fitted Figure(s) Geometry.

All their geometry will be merged and surfaces will be combined together. The morphs on Jacket are preserved but you'll "lose all morphs (incl. corrective morphs) on Shirt geometry"...and vice versa.

Thanks! That's what I was looking for!

But it shows the error "This action requires a selected TriAx figure in the scene, with geometry and one or more followers".

Post edited by Kyan001 on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,409

Kyan001 said:

crosswind said:

Thanks! That's what I was looking for!

But it shows the error "This action requires a selected TriAx figure in the scene, with geometry and one or more followers".

Make sure you have fitted Shirt to Jacket or Jacket to Shirt first.... 

SNAG-2024-1-15-0039.png
    1767 x 1399 - 645K
    SNAG-2024-1-15-0040.png
    1785 x 1399 - 648K
    SNAG-2024-1-15-0041.png
    1780 x 1398 - 647K

Thank you!!!!