DAZ to Unreal bridge materials on Diffeomorphic model

So the main thing I'm trying to figure out is exporting a model w/ Golden Palace geograft into Unreal.

The overall workflow I'm doing is get the DAZ model into Blender w/ Diffeomorphic which, coimbined w/ the Xin HD addon, lets us create an HD mesh with whatever morphs, etc... we need including the geograft morphs.  Then, using this fine piece of work here:  https://github.com/xavier150/Blender-For-UnrealEngine-Addons

...export that mesh to Unreal (takes a few hours, while the base mesh is a few minutes, just in case anyone plans on trying it).

So, the only shortcoming of that addon, which nicely gets a Blender object into Unreal, is it doesn't handle materials.  The DAZ to Unreal bridge is janky and kinda crap, but it does do a decent job of porting the DAZ materials to Unreal.  As of now, using DAZ Studio 4.22 7 Unreal 5.3.2, if I use the bridge, my character comes in properly, except the labia are actually luminescent, which is funny but not right :-P...and the torso-back material does not come in.  Strangely, there's an empty slot on one of the GP textures, apparently, while the other one "works" as I described.

Except for GP, the workflow works well, and I can assign the materials created on the model from DAZ to Unreal bridge to the one I brought in from Blender, but on GP, I've tried copying the UVs from the shell to the gens object in DAZ, gotten some mixeed/wonky resutls...but basically I just don't know what's going on or how to get it working.  I did get it almost working once on the front material by copying UVs as mentioned and turning the cutout opacity down, but still the torso back material didn't work--which is the same problem that seems to occur natively w/ the DAZ to Unreal bridge.

Basically, anyone have a way to get geograft materials in correctly to Unreal?

Comments

• catmastercatmaster Posts: 226
    edited February 17

Post edited by catmaster on
  • Not sure what Catmaster tried to say but from my experience the best way is to use several addons.

Diffeomorphic from Daz to Blender to get the geograft correctly merged then blender to Unreal (you can even import directly the FBX).

For the rextures use the oficial daz to unreal bridge and them assign the textures to the copy from blender. Ohh and you still need to merge the textures from the genitals in a single map before that.