Changing the labels in Smart Content

Is there a way to change the name on the label of an item in smart content? I installed an outfit from another vendor that has two version, one for G8F and one for G9, but they both have the same name and picture so it's hard to figure out which one is which. I want to edit the names to add G8F and G9 to the labels. 

2024-01-13.jpg
865 x 1440 - 349K

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,781

It would be nice if you could do that but I don't think you can.

You can use the path in the info tab to see what figure the selected item is for but that is not ideal. Alternatively, if you have it, you can use ManFriday's Turbo Content which does put the overlay on.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

I think the simplest option is to edit the thumbnail to add the figure to the image -- that way you don't have to change anything else.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,277
    edited January 14

I presume you installed it with Content Wizard. Actually yes, you can...but it should be in the way as below:

- Go to Content Library to rename it as there's no such a funtion of renaming in Smart Content...
    - Back to Smart Content to Refresh. You'll see them renamed from the updated metadata...

As the attached screenshots....

As an alternative, you also can rename the DUF files in ZIP file you download from Rendo before installing the product.

SNAG-2024-1-14-0027.png
    843 x 867 - 117K
    SNAG-2024-1-14-0028.png
    594 x 1077 - 138K
    SNAG-2024-1-14-0029.png
    532 x 794 - 80K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • AlricAlric Posts: 125

SofaCitizen said:

It would be nice if you could do that but I don't think you can.

You can use the path in the info tab to see what figure the selected item is for but that is not ideal. Alternatively, if you have it, you can use ManFriday's Turbo Content which does put the overlay on.

I do have Turbo Content, I was worried that it might not work well with 4.22 

Fixmypcmike said:

I think the simplest option is to edit the thumbnail to add the figure to the image -- that way you don't have to change anything else.

That's a good idea, I tried it and it does work. It's just a bit of a pain to do that for a couple of dozen files but it is a good option.

crosswind said:

I presume you installed it with Content Wizard. Actually yes, you can...but it should be in the way as below:

- Go to Content Library to rename it as there's no such a funtion of renaming in Smart Content...
    - Back to Smart Content to Refresh. You'll see them renamed from the updated metadata...

As an alternative, you also can rename the DUF files in ZIP file you download from Rendo before installing the product.

Interesting, I will give this a try.

Thanks for all the suggestions. 

crosswind said:

Unfortunetly this seems to only work sometimes. Most of the time when I rename something it losses the image in smart content and it can no longer load the item. When I rename it back it restores the image and works as normall. I haven't figured out why some things can be renamed and others can't. 

2024-01-27.png
    912 x 1440 - 558K
    2024-01-27 (1).png
    909 x 1440 - 543K
    2024-01-27 (2).png
    909 x 1440 - 522K
    2024-01-27 (3).png
    905 x 1440 - 513K
    edited January 28

Alric said:

crosswind said:

Unfortunetly this seems to only work sometimes. Most of the time when I rename something it losses the image in smart content and it can no longer load the item. When I rename it back it restores the image and works as normall. I haven't figured out why some things can be renamed and others can't. 

I just tried this hair and found no problem after renaming the file names... You may try reinstalling this product in DIM and rename it again...

Edit: I suddenly recalled, yes I ever encountered the same issue a long time ago. That should be the culprit for you as well.... If you've installed a product via Daz Connect, the item will be marked as "has cloud data"...then manual renaming will not change metadata in cms. Ah.. of couse, I can tell from the icon on the hair product in your screenshot, you installed this hair via Connect or updated metadata from Cloud. Uninstall it in Smart Content, reinstall it in DIM, then you can make it.

BTW, that's why I've never used Daz Connect again....since a certain time point.

SNAG-2024-1-28-0012.png
    496 x 1302 - 86K
    SNAG-2024-1-29-0035.png
    1629 x 592 - 50K

I am 99% certain that I installed it using DIM, but not 100%. I will try it on something that I know 100% that I installed on DIM and see what happens.

edited January 28

Alric said:

I am 99% certain that I installed it using DIM, but not 100%. I will try it on something that I know 100% that I installed on DIM and see what happens.

Oh... I hope so, however, as I said before, your screenshot proves that you're online with Daz Connect and might've ever installed it or updated Metadata via Daz Connect.

Besides, pls also try with Work-Offline... If you always install products via DIM, pls DO NOT Login when launching DS. If you occasionally updated metadata from Cloud, that'll limit your user's modification to the metadata.

I think that explains things. I installed it using DIM but I had the update metadata on start turned on. I turned it off and we will see how things go from there.

After turning Update and Online off, you have to uninstall this hair product and reinstall in DIM, otherwise "has cloud metadata" is still set as True, preventing it from being modified by you...

Things seem to be working properly now. Thanks for your help!

Great ! You're welcome. yes