Question: With the new Genesis 9 eyes, does the black eye problem still exist?

RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,225

Question: With the new Genesis 9 eyes, does the black eye problem still exist?

Remember the probelm when you would move a Genesis 8 character far from world center the area around the iris would sometimes create black rings?

The fix was to toggle render optimizations. i.e. memory/speed

Does that still happen with Genesis 9, has anyone experienced that problem or is it fixed?

Post edited by RexRed on

Comments

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,388

I haven't seen one in a while.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,865
    edited January 13

As the reason for the problem hasn't gone/isn't going away (floating point mathematics), the only other way to fix the problem, is if there are no layers that are very close to each others.

Or keep the characters close to Origin

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,225
    edited January 14

PerttiA said:

As the reason for the problem hasn't gone/isn't going away (floating point mathematics), the only other way to fix the problem, is if there are no layers that are very close to each others.

One would think that the objects no longer being tied to the figure might allow them to have more independent geometry. 

Post edited by RexRed on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,865

RexRed said:

PerttiA said:

One would think that the objects no longer being tied to the figure might allow them to have more independant geometry. 

Makes no difference, it's all about the distance between different layers and having enough decimals to represent the difference.

As an example, if one has 8 characters to represent a distance (coordinate value), close to the origin, one can define something to have 0.0000001 difference between separate layers, but if these layers are moved 10000000 units from the origin, there are no characters left to represent any difference between the location of the layers.

The same problem exists even in professional CAD programs, like AutoCad

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,431

Much better but the issue is still there...only to various extent. Even if "G9 Eyes" is a separate attachment and the geometry of Eyes is simplified, the offset distance is still not that optimal...

SNAG-2024-1-14-0032.png
    2560 x 1400 - 906K
    SNAG-2024-1-14-0033.png
    2560 x 1400 - 941K
    SNAG-2024-1-14-0034.png
    2560 x 1400 - 855K
  • RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,225
    edited January 14

crosswind said:

Much better but the issue is still there...only to various extent. Even if "G9 Eyes" is a separate attachment and the geometry of Eyes is simplified, the offset distance is still not that optimal...

It is good to know if it is still there, something to check for. 

I have lately been moving characters away from center (Gen 9 figures).

Now I need to look and examine my eyes more closely.

When you make scenes as opposed to portraits, this problem can pass under the radar as your figures are further from the camera. 

Before render it is alwasy good practice to use the perspective view and double check the eyes.

Thanks all for the input and for answering my question. yes

Especially when using Ultra Scenery I will often move my characters off center.

I suppose right before render one can group the entire scene camera and all and drag it till the characters are centered.

Then reposition the HDRI.

Post edited by RexRed on