low poly buildings and street building system

Outdoors scenes around the house suffer from whatever is going on in the scene happening in the middle of nowhere. 

Garden party, pool time, the likes: the 'hood is a vast void. an HDRi adds some vegetation or distant mountains, but what's missing is the neighbor's house, garage, any other old building that thematically fits the rest of the scene and doesn't slow Daz to a crawl. 

There is no single beach with a line of hotels in the background. Backdrops only go so far. Yes, I could import obj and reshade but that turns into a hodgepodge of unfit thus not adding to the scene's credibility architecture.

Comments

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,751

I have bought three sets that are building systems for the modern world and one for a science fiction world. 

https://www.daz3d.com/v3digitimes-buildings-and-skyscrapers-generator-vol-1

https://www.daz3d.com/central-business-district

https://www.daz3d.com/night-and-day-city-for-daz-studio

https://www.daz3d.com/x-bit-future-space-city-bundle

These don't match everything you want, but maybe looking them over might give you some ideas. As I was putting the first three into my new laptop, I had the chance to look at the props and options again and was amazed at the offerings. (I haven't made it down to the 'X' part of the alphabet yet to review. When I first installed it though I was impressed if you need it for Sci-Fi.)

If you have images of what you want in the backgrounds, it might help others to locate sets that might fit close to them. For example, I have lived/visited in a number of seaside communities and each one was different in vegetation, buildings, industry, ... Some had working harbors, others were totally tourist traps, and another was a regular bedroom town with a beach a mile or so away with sand dunes (and missle silos and a nasty riptide). 

But if you have anything in your sets you like, but they are not low poly, look into MattyManx's MMX Resource Saver Shaders series. Another PA, Code66, has products that might help you, including the https://www.daz3d.com/old-town-construction-kit which is for what it says, older town buildings.

Mary

• pixelquackpixelquack Posts: 265

Maybe I mislead, I thought more like residential areas. There are cases where "modern house" may fit, but then it might not match the scene style, so I'd like something more generic. Maybe I should look for obj and Iray convert them.

• dirtriderdirtrider Posts: 19
    edited January 15

Collective3d might have something like your looking for. If I remember right there are some neighborhood blocks sets that also load the houses and yards in individually. Kindred Arts has a product called Parallax which is a really good, but light weight dual layered background. Also, Shredder over at a few of the other stores has what looks like a really good full blown neighborhood for Daz.

As to your backyard scenario, I just looked out my back door and looked at what I saw. Stockade fence, neighbors shed sitting at the same level as my house, then his house is offset to the left and is about 8 feet lower than my house. Then another house offset to the right at about the same level but turned to the left by about 25 degrees so I'm basically just seeing my neighbors roofs for the most part. Add some trees, maybe some birds in the background.

Overall though, I feel your pain. Alot of the outdoor environmental sets just don't mix well if at all. I always have to remind myself its basically a program designed for pinups and portraits and most of us are at the mercy of the vendors for the content. 

Post edited by dirtrider on

pixelquack said:

Maybe I mislead, I thought more like residential areas. There are cases where "modern house" may fit, but then it might not match the scene style, so I'd like something more generic. Maybe I should look for obj and Iray convert them.

There are PAs that do have products you might use, like Collective3d who sells here and at Rendo. Check out First Bastion, David Brinnen and ForbiddenWhispers, Jack Tomalin (DAZ+ Daz Originals), maclean, Muze, Oso3D, petipet's Modern House series and 22 Parker Road (Daz+), Polish, powerage, Predatron, Shox-Design's Street Vignette, SloshWerks FrenchQuarter series.

These are just a few. I have to leave to get snow off my van and it is about -3F feels like-11F right now. We warmed up! Need to pick someone up from work.

This is not all I could suggest you look at, so pull up Environments in the store and scan them. There are some that might work, some that might not, and others you could pick apart for your needs. Depends on what part of the world you want to render.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,352

Might be time to make some new Backyards ?

Yes please sir.

• csaacsaa Posts: 812

There's a dormant thread Creating Big City Scenes in Daz Studio. Various urbanscape assets are featured. Maybe worth reviving the discussion, yes?

Cheers!

• pixelquackpixelquack Posts: 265

@FirstBastion: that would be exactly what I'm after, just a bit more 2024ish :)