Iray female optimised shader, new problem...

geoff6geoff6 Posts: 250

Hi all,

I am referring to G2 character materials here and the problem I am having with applying the 'Iray Optimised G2 female MAT' shader. not having made any alterations since I last used this shader (no problems for almost 10 years), today, I pick a figure (G2 FM Meridiana) and as usual, apply the above shader. The result is shown in the attached picture. It appears to happen with any applied figure or when applying the above shader to any Material on a basic G2 female model.

Why?

DAZ 4.22.0.1 Pro

Thanks in advance,

D

Example Iray Fault.jpg
1280 x 720 - 181K
Post edited by geoff6 on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,431
    edited January 13

It looks like wrong Tiling settings...Check the settings on the Surfaces, properties : Horizontal Tiles / Vertical Tiles. The correct value need to be 1.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,071

It also looks like the maps are in the wrong places, hands aren't supposed to be on thighs :)

• geoff6geoff6 Posts: 250

Dear crosswind,

So obvious and yet it didn't occur to me that out of the blue, that would have been an issue. But, it was! Thank you.

D

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,431

geoff6 said:

Dear crosswind,

So obvious and yet it didn't occur to me that out of the blue, that would have been an issue. But, it was! Thank you.

D

No problem ! yes

• Fishtales said:

It also looks like the maps are in the wrong places, hands aren't supposed to be on thighs :)

As I recall Genesis 2 had a single limbs map, rather than separate arms and leg maps.

• geoff6geoff6 Posts: 250

I know Richard! You don't have to blow the dust off your notes for G2, it's all sorted now.