For other clothing Undress and Get Dressed Poses with Clothes and Morphs

Undress and Get Dressed Poses with Clothes and Morphs for other clothing like ropes, skirts,blouses. Clothing that is closed by buttons, zippers, belts

Comments

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,078
    edited January 12
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • bfarber2011bfarber2011 Posts: 148
    Yes I know I have that asset and a few other similar from this artist but I wish there was other type of clothing beside pants,and t-shirts.
  • Agreed. But it's a lot better than nothing. Some of the poses are quite amusing, where the character is on the point of over balancing. Takes lots of work to do, I'm sure. Regards, Richard.
  • pixelquackpixelquack Posts: 265

Zippers are extremely difficult unless we are talking about 2 or 3 stages like "fully open / halfway closed  / all closed" which means you have essentially three different items: fusing the sides together and have the attached fabrics follow is a task that Daz really isn't designed to perform. You'd have to match the target line, take movement morphs and/or dforce into account, have some means of processing the entire thing procedurally.

Buttons, bit easier, start with the closed position and then pull one side away.

General undress morphs: no easy task as well, as the morphs need to start off a specific geometry, and if you have a wide skirt, tight skirt, long dress, long shirt, sleeves no sleeves etc etc you'll have a hard time coming up with a one-size-fits-all.

On the occasion I'd like to mention: I'd like to see more clothing items I can dforce while _not_parented to the actor. There are very few clothing props that will allow that in a realistic way, and just adding a dforce modifier and a simply weight map came up with weird results so often I gave up that path.

• edited January 13

Apologies if this isn't related but this thread came up as I was just searching on how I pose a dForce shirt so that it is partially unbuttoned for example (or any clothing for that matter) as I can't see any morphs with it to open it up yet there are supplied poses with the item and gallery images showing it in various state of openeness.

Is this a hit and miss dForce execution that I have to do, use something like fit control or some other tool or am I missing something on how people achieve this?

I managed to find the morphs, they were under a section called hidden morphs.

I'm sure I'm not the first to say this but as much as I love playing with this software, I find it very confusing that many things can be done in numerous different ways depending on how the vendor set the items up.

Ah well, live and learn.

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • In general dForce items that can be undone are likely to be usign dForce Add-ons to hold the closed sections closed, removing one or more of those will allow the clothing to open in the simulation.

• Richard Haseltine said:

In general dForce items that can be undone are likely to be usign dForce Add-ons to hold the closed sections closed, removing one or more of those will allow the clothing to open in the simulation.

Thanks, I think I remember where I can find them, I'll check it out.

• bfarber2011bfarber2011 Posts: 148
    Agreed. But it's a lot better than nothing. Some of the poses are quite amusing, where the character is on the point of over balancing. Takes lots of work to do, I'm sure. Regards, Richard.
    I am sure it's quite complicated even with more simple items. Which is why I don't see any similar items made by other vendors.