render settings not showing

Hey studio companions, long time user here with my first issue EVER with daz studio and was hoping that it was just some minute detail miss on my part that you folks could help me with. I cannot get my render settings to show in studio 4.8. Everything else is just peachy. My render button works, my render editor works, my lux render works, but by render settings button does nothing. am I missing something? or is this a known bug that I mistakenly did not hear about? I'm stuck as a bug in a rug on this.Is there an alternate way to access the render settings? Never had to delve that far into a perfect program before.

Thanks in advance if anyone can shed some light on this for me. :)

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,378
    edited December 2015

Does Window>Panes(Tabs)>Render Settings work?  It should have a check mark when the pane is visible - if it's checked and you still can't see the pane, try going to DAZ Studio Formats>My Daz 3D Library>Scripts>Utilities in the Content Library pane and running the Lost n Found script.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • You my friend are my new hero. If i had hero cookies you would get a snoot load. it gives me access. but the million dollar question still remains, why doesnt the render settings tab work for me?

• i do not have those options it seems. I search scripts, but but there is no lost and found

• I'm going to do a screen cap vid to show everything I have tried. I'll post the link when I finish. easier to see the issue than have me describe it.

• Old but in case someone else goes here looking for help:

Window/select workspace

This will load a new layout which includes the render settings tab.

Worked for me.

• CenobiteCenobite Posts: 206

You can't just add the Tab from the top menu like normal? You can add whatever tab from the Windows tab along the top of the daz3d editor, there is an Add tab function there, click on one then set where you want the tab to go, you can always revert to original DAZ3D factory settings also you can select edit from the top then select preferences goto the interface tab and REVERT TO FACTORY SETTINGS at the bottom, this should fix most issues if something has gone wrong.