DForce Hair Problem

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/TeLj9tL6DCE

I've tried slowing the motion to 10% before simulating but it makes no difference. 

I wish DaZ would provide more information for DForce. This is only one of a few issues I'm dealing with. 

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-classic-blowout-hair-for-genesis-8-and-81-females

Hair.png
511 x 517 - 129K

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,431

What do you really want... you wanna make this long curly hair swing when the figure twirls ?  And you dialed some morphs at keyframes so as to make such an effect ? If so, I'm afraid you cannot make it in such a way...

More likely you want to add a Helper ( e.g an invisible geoshell with proper Offset Distance ) as the collision item of the hair before simulation, so as to avoid intersection with the clothing. Or try setting clothing as Static Surface...

Downgrade gravity to make the hair float to some extent or use some tool like dForce Magnet to drag the hair to floating positions on the timeline.

• DarthDDarthD Posts: 259
    edited January 11

No I don't want it to swing. I just want it to hang there with a little movement. I don't know why it's swinging out so much. I would have thought slowing the motion would have at least lessened the effect. This hair has a simulation preset that sets gravity to 6 and air resistance to 2. I wonder if this is causing the issue? I'm going to change those settings and see if that affects it.

Post edited by DarthD on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,431

DarthD said:

No I don't want it to swing. I just want it to hang there with a little movement. I don't know why it's swinging out so much. I would have thought slowing the motion would have at least lessened the effect. This hair has a simulation preset that sets gravity to 6 and air resistance to 2. I wonder if this is causing the issue? I'm going to change those settings and see if that affects it.

Oh... I think so. You may just reset the gravity to 0.5 - 1, air resistence to 0.15 default. Then try to simulate it again. If there's still intersection in between the hair and clothing, you may :
    - add a geo-shell to the figure, set its Offset Distance to 1 - 2.5. Hide it.
    - add a Smoothing Modifier to the hair, set the geo-shell to its Collision Item