WetFX for Genesis 9 not working

[WetFX for Genesis 9 not working] Applied all the layers and no matter what one it is, you cannot change it to water, it just remains dirt in Iray, looked through the parameters of surfaces and there does not seem to be any colour change anywhere?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,924

Link https://www.daz3d.com/wetfx-for-genesis-9

I don't have it.

But it is based on geoshells. Are you first applying one (up to 3) geoshells, and then applying the material to them?

• Yes tried them one by one nothing changed, however got some results when I changed the Instancing Optimization to Memory and changed the top coat number, but none of the colors or Materials do anything and using the folders top coat turns Gen 9 white

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,147
    edited January 10

With products like this it is usually a good idea to open them in the Content Library>Daz Studio Formats since the folder structure tends to give a guided path for using them. You can get there, if you are using Smart Content, by right-click on a file>Show Asset In>Mapped/Virtual Folder (depending on installation method). The GeoShells and Top Coat folders have tip files which will display a message when double-clicked. Top Coat is for use on the base figure, it isn't related to the shells.

This poor chap and a fine drops topCoat applied, then two shells added one with slightly coarser drops and one with streaks, and the streaks had the blue goo colour applied.

WetFX Genesis 9.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 405K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Thank you for the reply. gave it a try, but still the same result. i have never had problems with Gen 8 applying wet skin, so something is out with these geo shell settings. The wet look is there, but so is the dark patches and the Top coat added to Gen 9 as the tip suggests, is appalling as you can see. This would be great for varicous vein effects, but not for wet skin?

prob1a.png
    2070 x 1380 - 5M
    prob1b.png
    2070 x 1380 - 3M
  • I finally cracked the problem, it is the mesh offset, changed it to 0.0040 and the dirt marks have gone. guess the top coat needs some playing with on Gen 9 though?

Hardly think the $20 price justifies something that you have to amend yourself though.