LIE for HDRis?

We all been there: you rotated an HDRi dome until the light was right but now the background looked wrong, an object appears in a spot where you don't need them or the scene change in a series of renders from different angles ruins the composition.

Is it possible to compose HDRis in layers? Thinf of an outer dome for atmospheric lighting alone, your favourite sun with clouds or other general atmosphere, then have "near" objects like vergetation as an inner dome with ots own rotation. 

Comments

• This is probably something you would need to do by compositing a final render, without backdrop, over the desired background 9from another render or just from an image).

• pixelquackpixelquack Posts: 265

Well, if I'm willing to introduce backdrops I might just use circular backdrops like in the Jefferson packages. By the way, a multi-circle system like that with sections where I can add background images and rotate them as I need them would be nice. 

Wasn't there a similar product?

• The Millennium Environment?

180 degrees! Thanks. I wish there were more addon themes for that package. Doable to make your own but time = money innit.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    edited January 14

But I would appreciate if the Environment Map could be split in 2 : Background and Light .

Sometimes I would like to use 2 different HDRI, for example a Sci-fi city as a background and a specific sunlight.

Post edited by Noah LGP on

That's the idea.