Typi3D not found

I just purchased "Typi3D: fonts to 3D - Windows version" [ https://www.daz3d.com/typi3d-fonts-to-3d--windows-version ] and it is nowhere to be found. I tried installing it via DIM and also tried a manual install. Re-booted DAZ. Even did a complete shut down and restart of the PC. Nothing. Please help.

Comments

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,088

Did you add the serial number - help -> about installed plugins?

The manual is installed to your Studio4 folder in docs/plugins

There are no user-facing files as such - the interface is a tab found in Window -> Panes(Tabs) as TYPi3D

• Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,061

namffuak said:

Did you add the serial number - help -> about installed plugins?

The manual is installed to your Studio4 folder in docs/plugins

There are no user-facing files as such - the interface is a tab found in Window -> Panes(Tabs) as TYPi3D

I did all of that but I dont see the tabs on the side and cant do anything

OK - step by step this time, with pictures.

First - this is what the installed plugins should look like after the serial number has been installed - Studio needs to be restarted after adding the serial number.

Then Window - Tabs with the TYPi3D tab selected

The way the TYPi3D tab loads for me at first

And then I grab the lower left corner and drag to resize

Create and select the TYPi3D text node

And enter text.

TYPi3D plugin enabled.jpg
    617 x 542 - 46K
    window - tabs - TYPi3D.jpg
    1918 x 1053 - 222K
    TYPi3D tab as loaded.jpg
    1920 x 1040 - 200K
    TYPi3D tab after grabbing a corner and stretching.jpg
    1920 x 1040 - 192K
    create - select TYPi3D text node.jpg
    1920 x 1040 - 174K
    And enter text.jpg
    1920 x 1040 - 205K
  • Downloaded Typi3D today and never had so much trouble with installing a piece of software. So I'm at a complete lost. No idea where to get the serial number. I seached all over. Have never had to look for a seerail number when using DAZ.

I do understand the jpgs submitted above and they are VERY helpful if I could get to that point.

Rebooted my computer and then got the plugin in screen that I'll add. When I first looked I had a green plugin icon. Then it disappeared whem I looked again.. I used DAZ installer to install program. Typi never did show up in the Panes window list.

Any help much appreicated.

Plugin.jpg
    773 x 676 - 55K
  • subguy425 said:

Downloaded Typi3D today and never had so much trouble with installing a piece of software. So I'm at a complete lost. No idea where to get the serial number. I seached all over. Have never had to look for a seerail number when using DAZ.

I do understand the jpgs submitted above and they are VERY helpful if I could get to that point.

Rebooted my computer and then got the plugin in screen that I'll add. When I first looked I had a green plugin icon. Then it disappeared whem I looked again.. I used DAZ installer to install program. Typi never did show up in the Panes window list.

Any help much appreicated.

As far as I know the serial number should be here https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/serialnumbers - paste it into the box shown in your screenshot (which should then vanish next tiem you open the dialogue).

• Thank you so  much. I worked. I have never asked a question in the forum before so even that was a challenge. Hope I didn't double post. Again,.. thank you.

• subguy425 said:

Thank you so  much. I worked. I have never asked a question in the forum before so even that was a challenge. Hope I didn't double post. Again,.. thank you.

Glad to help.

• Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,061

namffuak said:

First - this is what the installed plugins should look like after the serial number has been installed - Studio needs to be restarted after adding the serial number.

And enter text.

Thank you. I don't know what I was doing wrong but your step by step images were of tremedous help and I got it to work. Thanks again.

Drogo Nazhur said:

namffuak said:

And enter text.

Thank you. I don't know what I was doing wrong but your step by step images were of tremedous help and I got it to work. Thanks again.

Not a problem - glad I could help.