Simulation error on clothing in a group

Hi,
I'm still on 4.21 and I often get this simulation error "No object to simulate. To simulate, perform one of the following actions: [...]" In some scenes, and some only, transfering pieces of dforce clothing into a group makes them lose their dforce modifer somehow. Actually the Dynamic dforce modifer appears still in parameters tab, nothing is freezed, simulation surface is good and visible, but I get the error message telling nothing can be simulated. If I reload a new piece its get fitted and parented to the figure and all is good. 
Like this scene I am on rn, all dforce clothing do this when placed in a group. I don't have this problem everywhere.
Any clue?

Thank youu

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,431
    edited January 8

And with clothing items selected, check if Visible in Simulaton is turned On in Parameters pane?

What matter for the dForce engine to simulate are, by priorities:
    - a dForce modifier with dynamic surfaces
    - Visible in Simulation on the scene node
    - Freeze Simulation
    - Visible in Simulation on dynamic surfaces
    - Dynamics Strength if set to 0

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Yeah all of that is checked.
    It is really some kind of bugg, I wonder if anyone came across it...

Oh... can you name the product(s) ?

• TheCediz_2819042TheCediz_2819042 Posts: 166
    edited January 8

It's not specific to a product in particular.
    I usually, for convenience, create a group for all clothing pieces specific each figure in a scene. Normally I don't get this bugg. It happenned to me in more than 2 projects. Every single dforce clothing I introduce to the scene, once I parent it to a clothing group (a group), it looses its simulation capability. 

Post edited by TheCediz_2819042 on

TheCediz said:

It's not specific to a product in particular.
    I usually, for convenience, create a group for all clothing pieces specific each figure in a scene. Normally I don't get this bugg. It happenned to me in more than 2 projects. Every single dforce clothing I introduce to the scene, once I parent it to a clothing group (a group), it looses its simulation capability. 

If so, how about Visible in Simulation on that Group?

• felisfelis Posts: 3,924

Is it reproduceable?

So if you take a piece of dForce clothing and create a group, and add it to the group. them it won't simulate?

And if so, what happens if you then take the clothing out of the group - can it then simulate?

• felis said:

Is it reproduceable?

So if you take a piece of dForce clothing and create a group, and add it to the group. them it won't simulate?

And if so, what happens if you then take the clothing out of the group - can it then simulate?

Good question - once the clothing has been to a group, its done, It wont simulate even if I take it out. As for reproduceability, it depend on the scene I'm on and Idk what in the scene causes this .