When try to loading any genesis 8 female model gives .duf file is missing error

The file with a character I saved before on my computer, every time I load genesis 8 female model it tries to open that duf file I saved, when I put that duf file in the same place the problem is solved, even if I delete everything in the duf file it continues to work, but I keep getting this error when that file is not there

I deleted and reinstalled Genesis 8 female but it didn't solve the problem. 

Note: If I press ok I can use genesis 8 female

SS.png
408 x 370 - 45K

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,677

It sounds like maybe you have set a morph that you have made into a default for G8F.

1. Load up the develpment version of G8F (ignore missing file warnings)
    2. Set your Test morph to zero
    3. Memorise the Figure
    4. Save Modified Asset
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,431

Press F2, Clear DSON Cache File. Load G8F Dev Load, then attach your DS log in here. We may help to check.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,865

How did you save the character originally?

• eris3deris3d Posts: 10

I cleared the DSON cache and also tried the Save Modified Assets method too. still gives error. And I don't remember how did I save this file.

And gives same error for genesis 8.1 female too

edited January 8

Your DS log file... ? It might come from an overwritten preset or modified Post Load script... so better check Log first of all...

Post edited by crosswind on

crosswind said:

Press F2, Clear DSON Cache File. Load G8F Dev Load, then attach your DS log in here. We may help to check.

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    6M

eris3d said:

G8.1 is sort of extension to G8, which means that G8.1 will read all the G8 morphs and if the G8 morphs have a problem, G8.1 will suffer from them as well.

Remove the morph file from the data folder where it is saved and reinstall G8 Starter Essentials.
    When you load an older scene that complains about the morph, save the scene again and the next time it will not complain about it.

PerttiA said:

eris3d said:

G8.1 is sort of extension to G8, which means that G8.1 will read all the G8 morphs and if the G8 morphs have a problem, G8.1 will suffer from them as well.

Remove the morph file from the data folder where it is saved and reinstall G8 Starter Essentials.
    When you load an older scene that complains about the morph, save the scene again and the next time it will not complain about it.

No when I save this scene after reopen scene gives error again and my saved file is not a morph it's a scene. I deleted everything in this duf file daz3d don't give me error but if I delete this file give error again. My Genesis 8 model somehow wants to open that duf file and I don't understand why.

edited January 8

Have you ever installed multiple copies of G8 Starter Essentials ? or installed via Daz Connect ?

Go back to the file: "Genesis 8.1 Female Dev Load.duf" you just loaed, check which folder it locates... and check its Date of Modified. If you have NotePad++, open the duf file with it, search "Test"...

crosswind said:

Have you ever installed multiple copies of G8 Starter Essentials ? or installed via Daz Connect ?

Go back to the file: "Genesis 8.1 Female Dev Load.duf" you just loaed, check which folder it locates... and check its Date of Modified. If you have NotePad++, open the duf file with it, search "Test"...

I open with VS Code and I cant found "Test"

And no multiple installations of G8 starter essentials... ?

edited January 8

The reference to "Test" would be inside the G8 female.duf (in one of them, assuming that you have more than one)

Edit: the reference to "Test" could also be inside some G8F morphs, in which case you need to find the morph (one of the ones you have saved)

Post edited by PerttiA on
    edited January 8

crosswind said:

No I see now daz connect installed too. I remove cloud file but error still come

Post edited by eris3d on

PerttiA said:

The reference to "Test" would be inside the G8 female.duf (in one of them, assuming that you have more than one)

Edit: the reference to "Test" could also be inside some G8F morphs, in which case you need to find the morph (one of the ones you have saved)

My genesis 8 model has not any named "Test" Morph. 

Yes, very probably ~~ Since you've reinstalled starter essential but the issue persists... there might be another copy of the product... check your Daz Connect first. Or, if you DO use Connect, deactivate Connect first in Content Directory Manager and try again.

What is the location, where you save your own morphs or anything you save as an Asset?

edited January 8

eris3d said:

crosswind said:

No I see now daz connect installed too. I remove cloud file but error still come

You have 4 Daz Libraries, but not sure how many copies of G8 Starter Essential you've installed. So simply go to F2 - Content Tab - Content Directory Manager. In "Daz Studio Format", only leave the Library path there in which you've just reinstalled the starter essential. Then clear DSON cache file, retry loading G8.

SNAG-2024-1-8-0053.png
    750 x 457 - 59K
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851

DS only gives you a missing file alert on loading a character from a couple of causes, 1) missing textures, 2) bad parent data in a DSF morph file.

Quick look at the log and you have the three bad parent errors right after the missing file error.

I'd suggest finding this "Kharia Head" morph and checking it..

crosswind said:

eris3d said:

crosswind said:

You have 4 Daz Libraries, but not sure how many copies of G8 Starter Essential you've installed. So simply go to F2 - Content Tab - Content Directory Manager. In "Daz Studio Format", only leave the Library path there in which you've just reinstalled the starter essential. Then clear DSON cache file, retry loading G8.

Now I have only one genesis 8 base I disabled all directories and I found a file in "Root" Directory cause this error. Now I will use windows' datemodified search for find changed file. I hope I will find

edited January 8

With DS standard functions, no user-facing DUF link can be embedded in character's DSF unless there was direct DSF file editing... So it'll be really weird that the issue still persists after a single copy of fresh reinstallation of G8 starter has been done...

edited January 8

Bejaymac said:

DS only gives you a missing file alert on loading a character from a couple of causes, 1) missing textures, 2) bad parent data in a DSF morph file.

Quick look at the log and you have the three bad parent errors right after the missing file error.

I'd suggest finding this "Kharia Head" morph and checking it..

Yeah I think u right Kharia edit time same as my Test.duf file I will try delete it 

Edit: So much thanks everyone I delete Kharia and everthing is okay now. I'll never know how I achieved this but my problem was solved.

Post edited by eris3d on
    edited January 8

Nice ! though it's really odd... a DSF links to a DUF..., haha ~

Edit: you should've opened that file, search and check to identify the culprit.

crosswind said:

One can get strange things happening when one saves something as an Asset without knowing what it does and what one saves to the Asset - This type of problems persist over reinstallation of Essentials. 

PerttiA said:

crosswind said:

One can get strange things happening when one saves something as an Asset without knowing what it does and what one saves to the Asset - This type of problems persist over reinstallation of Essentials. 

Probably ~~ though that didn't make sense to me. So that was why I suggested him identify the root cause from that file.

crosswind said:

PerttiA said:

crosswind said:

Probably ~~ though that didn't make sense to me. So that was why I suggested him identify the root cause from that file.

Lets say one has made or 'made' (with the dials) a morph and saves it as Morph Asset and doesn't realise that one should only select ones own dial (set to zero), saving copies everything to the users own morph folder.
    I can imagine a duf file being saved in such a process

I have encountered such problems here in the forums and years ago on my own computer.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851

crosswind said:

Odd, but sadly not all that unusual in my experience, I've found the parent pointing at non existing DUF files, non existing DSF files, hell I've even found long randomly generated strings of characters instead of a pathway/file name.

No idea how the **** they do it, as DS will add the correct parent data to the morph as it's being imported into DS, which then get's saved into the DSF file.

PerttiA said:

crosswind said:

PerttiA said:

crosswind said:

Lets say one has made or 'made' (with the dials) a morph and saves it as Morph Asset and doesn't realise that one should only select ones own dial (set to zero), saving copies everything to the users own morph folder.
    I can imagine a duf file being saved in such a process

I have encountered such problems here in the forums and years ago on my own computer.

So that would be the odd part because saving Morph Assets only handle DSON Support Files, and as default, DSON Support File never include any data of DSON User File... unless one modifies it with an editor. That was why I thought it was weird....

edited January 8

Bejaymac said:

crosswind said:

Odd, but sadly not all that unusual in my experience, I've found the parent pointing at non existing DUF files, non existing DSF files, hell I've even found long randomly generated strings of characters instead of a pathway/file name.

No idea how the **** they do it, as DS will add the correct parent data to the morph as it's being imported into DS, which then get's saved into the DSF file.

Odd and odder... I almost handle these stuff everyday...I've never experienced that there's a definition of DUF in DSF. As for long randomly generated strings, yep, I've seen that before with SBH geometry, more or less.... Well, "parent" data in DSF should be also a geometry / node definition from DSF rather than DUF...

I'm still wondering... odd...

crosswind said:

Bejaymac said:

crosswind said:

Odd and odder... I almost handle these stuff everyday...I've never experienced that there's a definition of DUF in DSF. As for long randomly generated strings, yep, I've seen that before with SBH geometry, more or less.... Well, "parent" data in DSF should be also a geometry / node definition from DSF rather than DUF...

I'm still wondering... odd...

Here I can't add dsf file but I can show.

ss2.png
    969 x 343 - 27K